Marina Instrument Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marina Instrument Question

Can anyone help me with a quick question - I have a two instrument ( speed + petrol/temp ) Marina instrument panel that I am fitting into a new dash. I am fitting coloured warning lights, but unfortunatley have lost track of what light is what function. Can anyone tell me what the function of the light on the left right and top and bottom are - need to fit the lights before wiring it all back up !!

Many thanks in advance

Re: Marina Instrument Question

Andy, the easiest way is by wiring colour codes,i.e. blue/white headlamps yellow/brown charging light etc I have a print out of a Marina wiring diagram as per Marina handbook if it will help.

Comment

Thanks Phil, but not sure the wiring codes help much as the bulbs plug into the "circuit board" on the instrument itself. I just need to put correct coloured "lens" in front of each position. Hopefully someone with a marina instrument cluster can tell me which light is in which position on it - for example is main beam at top or bottom etc.

Attached a couple of pictures of my dash making efforts - aluminium front with ply backing - the lights themselves are small 12v LEDs from Maplin Electronics - should save me changing bulbs :-)
      Attached Files

Comment

Andy, just had a look at my Marina, top light (inbetween gauges) BLUE main beam warning light. Bottom left ORANGE oil warning light. Middle bottom GREEN indicators, and bottom right RED ignition warning light, hope this helps

Comment

Brilliant - thanks for that - exactly what I needed to know,

Comment

Andy,
            Where abouts in Bristol do you live. It would be good to get together for a chat and a beer?!
            Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 1800 Fiat Twin Cam engine and 5 speed Abarth gearbox built in 1987
            - I have no idea what I am talking about........ but my advice is always free! -

Comment

Working...
            X