Instrument Panel connector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Instrument Panel connector

I am trying to find someone who has the original Marina Instrument Panel Connector. I have a set of dials which I would like to fit but the connector which goes onto the circuit board is missing (cut off). Does anyone have one or ideas how I can wire the panel up. Adrian

Re: Instrument Panel connector

Adrian...it might be worth looking at other BL tin of the era...Mini, Allegro etc (if you can find one in a scrappie these days). There is chance that these used a similar connector...this is just an educated guess though. I do have one myself, but I'm afraid it's staying attached to my loom..! Otherwise try the Marina Owners Club...you can register and post on their wanted forum...
    Marlin Roadster, LWB...1860 B Series + Ford Type 9
    Renault Espace 54mm front calipers, vented discs, cycle wings and adjustable tie-bars.

Comment

They're called "Church window" connectors on account of their shape. They are not only obsolete, but stocks of old stock have gone as well from all the auto electrical factors that I tried when I did my rewire.

I used a modern multipole connector and did a mammoth crimping job.

Comment

Adrian
        Premier wiring systems show 'church window connectors ' on their site

Comment

Alan, Don Jez, Thanks for the info. The connector block is the one that pushes into the back of the instrument panel and is definitely oblong. It appears to crimp the, rather flimsy, circuit board into the hole. It must have had copper on the outside of the block so that it would rub up against the circuit board when it was pushed in.

Comment

Could be worth talking to some of the wiring/electrical firms (e.g. Premier, Vehicle Wiring Products etc)...especially those who make classic looms. If you can find out who supplies Moss with their Mini replacement looms that could be a promising lead...could also try Autosparks (www.autosparks.co.uk)...they don't list the item but I know they do various classic looms.
            Marlin Roadster, LWB...1860 B Series + Ford Type 9
            Renault Espace 54mm front calipers, vented discs, cycle wings and adjustable tie-bars.

Comment

Working...
            X