Frontline RTL linkage fitted to Roadster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frontline RTL linkage fitted to Roadster

I have at last fitted the RTL linkage to my SWB roadster. In brief the linkage has to be modified with bracket to bolt directly to the chassis cross beam (no problem) drilling vertically was, so made a jig. Angle brackets sandwiched between axle and lowering block out of 6mm plate. Drilled to take new HD u-bolts - everything lines up and look ok. Vehicle not on the road yet so have NOT tried the unit out - should stop any lateral movement - better than Panhard rod but more expensive. Will report once in use as to it's success.
    Attached Files

Re: Frontline RTL linkage fitted to Roadster

interesting that no comments yet regarding this linkage - It holds the rear end rock solid with no sideways movement.

Comment

Are the kits produced for the Atlas axle?
      (2 litre cortina IV etc)
      Marlin Berlinetta 2.1 Efi

Comment

Beaten by Dane!
        I was waiting for a road test report!

Comment

I knew you were Steve, car not as yet on the road as other mods being undertaken as we speak (brakes etc) I had to alter the clamp arrangement - cut off the top part of the bracket which is at an angle to fit sprites etc and weld a new bracket at rightangles as show on the photo - the unit simply bolts to the chassis cross member.

Dane, I'm afraid I don't have the Cortina axle dimensions but Frontline are very helpful. It's where you mount the linkage really, the arms can be any length, it just happens that the standard unit produced fits the Marina axle perfectly.

Will of course report my findings when the car is set free at last and let you know what falls off !!

Comment

Working...
          X