Wheel studs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheel studs

Help! I need Marina rear wheel studs, does anyone have any ideas of suppliers or alternatives. I have Spitfire studs but because I need to run with spacers they are a fraction too short. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Wheel studs

Someone here may have some longer studs but they are getting rare and its a shame that Mini ones do not fit.
    If you are using spacers is this the time to change to 7/16" Unf Ford studs whose spline diameter is the same as the Marina?
    It just means checking that 7/16" studs will fit through your wheels.
    Assuming you are Marina based on the front as well, you can change the front studs without dismantling the brakes by undoing the disc securing bolts and then pulling the hub off.

Comment

Canley Classics or Jigsaw Racing can probably sort you out (or point you in the right direction) for extended Spitty/Herald/GT6 studs...after all, its a Triumph rear axle in the Marina when all said and done (my hubs are nicely stamped Stanpart).
      Marlin Roadster, LWB...1860 B Series + Ford Type 9
      Renault Espace 54mm front calipers, vented discs, cycle wings and adjustable tie-bars.

Comment

Hi Ian, I have just replaced my studs so I have a set of front Marina studs, and a set of Dolly sprint rear studs, and 24 custom chrome dome type wheel nuts which you are welcome to if you can arrange to collect or have posted. best of luck Merv

Comment

Many thanks for the info guys, by the way Merv what did you replace yours with and why?
          Cheers Ian

Comment

Hi again, I have fitted a set of 15inch alloys off a MGF, so needed 12mm studs so that the MG nuts will fit, so i used 60mm long metric ford studs (replacements for late capri, cortina etc) Merv

Comment

Just to let you know I went down the 7/16 UNF route form Demon Tweeks in Wrexham a bit expensive but at least it's job done. Just need 2 different sockets in case of punctures
              Cheers
              Ian

Comment

Just a query for Mrev. Are the chrome dome nuts still available? Do they fit the original Marina studs? I had chrome dome nuts on my wheels, but all I have now is 16 rusty lumps! And they have only lasted 25 years. I would be interested if these nuts will fit. 07968450791

Comment

hi Alan I have 20 dome nuts from custom chrome, 4 haven't been used, the rest vary from quite clean to rusty round the corners, all fit standard Marina studs, (and Triumph dolly) you are welcome to them if you can collect, or sort postage. I am away on holiday from Saturday, back on the 25th)

Comment

Perhaps I should put this in classifieds but...
                    Alan, I have a set of LN105 locking wheel nuts that are 3/8"UNF. Used but boxed. If you are interested contact me at stevejgreen(at)btopenworld.com.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Mrev, I would like to take you up on your wheel nuts! Give me a call when you are back from your holidays and I will pay for the postage & packing. Thanks for your help. Alan

Comment

Working...
                      X