This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What have you done with your marlin today

It's your car to do what you like with. I don't know what it is but that Blue is awesome. Halfords who mix paint my be able to match it or a good body shop. If the damage is very noticeable it might be worth professional repair.

Comment

Love it!!!!!!!

I have a similar problem as I need to ID the colour of my car to touch up chips. My local bodyshop said they would be able to match it but would need a part off the car that was painted and they would send it away for analysis.
      Brum is Alfa powered and I have a couple of Alfa hints on her. As mentioned previously,it's YOUR car so enjoy.
      Stumbling around in the dark
      Marina based SWB roadster
      Alfa Romeo 1750 with 5 speed box

Comment

Originally posted by michaelknight View Post
        Thanks Guys
        Question
        The Marlin we have bought is disguised as an Alfa Romeo, its been really well done and the badges are awesome, but is this ok? kinda feel like a fraud should they all be replaced with Marlin badges or since it is a replica and all is this ok? Opinions please,
        Marlin is an iconic brand (within the kit car scene) in its own right now, tell it as it is is the way I think. When I got my Roadster it had a Triumph badge on the rear, for about 5 minutes...
        - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
        - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
        - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
        - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
        - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

Thanks guys for all the answers
          Going to nip down to Halfords, sun is out so good excuse for a drive, and see if they can colour match
          The marks arent major just enough to be annoying
          The wife has been looking at custom paint jobs !! So need to cover these marks before I need to sell the house to cover the cost!!

Comment

Why didn't you by the Rat look Pickup advertised a few months ago? A superb machine or maybe not!

Comment

Originally posted by HairyDave View Post
              Why didn't you by the Rat look Pickup advertised a few months ago? A superb machine or maybe not!
              Saw a rat look trike the other day and almost changed my mind about hobby choice!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by HairyDave View Post
                I think that's still for sale, if it had an interesting motor in it (6/8 cal) I'd go for it
                - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
                - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
                - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
                - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
                - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
                  I think that's still for sale.....
                  Still showing on Car and Classic but the listing is from May so can't be sure it's not sold.

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
                    I think that's still for sale, if it had an interesting motor in it (6/8 cal) I'd go for it
                    If it is still for sale and still in Spain as the advert claims, it may be a little more difficult to get back to the UK.
                    Assuming it is still legally UK Taxed, insured and MOT'd only the registered keeper could legally drive the vehicle in Spain for a maximum of six months, so the clock is ticking.
                    Of course it could be transported back on a trailer but, depending as to where in Spain you could be looking at £700 on top.

Its not impossible. But even if it is legal, transferring it onto Spanish plates would cost around the same assuming all the paperwork is up to date and valid.

Comment

Went for a 93-mile blatt down the Meon Valley with the SKCC guys. Was a great evening for a drive and we stopped off at the White Horse for a sneaky shandy…

Attached Files
                      Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 2.0L Pinto built in 1986

Comment

Originally posted by stevejgreen View Post
                        If it is still for sale and still in Spain as the advert claims, it may be a little more difficult to get back to the UK.
                        Assuming it is still legally UK Taxed, insured and MOT'd only the registered keeper could legally drive the vehicle in Spain for a maximum of six months, so the clock is ticking.
                        Of course it could be transported back on a trailer but, depending as to where in Spain you could be looking at £700 on top.

Its not impossible. But even if it is legal, transferring it onto Spanish plates would cost around the same assuming all the paperwork is up to date and valid.
                        Talking to the vendor, it's still UK legal, though in Spain, and £500 to ship it back to the UK, I suspect that's a London price, further from the port delivery, the higher the fuel and labour cost

Comment

Roadster off the road for the winter. Started a few jobs at the same time. Cambelt change on the K series, front brake overhaul and lighting refresh.... The 35 year old cibies showing their age.

Comment

Got fed up with snapping clutch cables.....now use an adjustable inner with extra cable at each end. Cable typically breaks at pedal end..... Remove fitting at pedal end, loosen fittings at clutch end, push some of loose cable through, adjust and tighten. A job of minutes instead of hours!

Comment

Driving the GT Winter Rally ( 260 km ) with my Marlin 5EXI

No damage, just sliding on the lowered floor

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Bunce View Post
                                Got fed up with snapping clutch cables.....now use an adjustable inner with extra cable at each end. Cable typically breaks at pedal end..... Remove fitting at pedal end, loosen fittings at clutch end, push some of loose cable through, adjust and tighten. A job of minutes instead of hours!
                                Cable-Tec Cables & Controls LTD, Sutton in Ashfield. 1,221 likes. Cable-Tec are worldwide control cable manufacturers and cable suppliers, providing a wide range of control cables including marine...

This company has started posting on a kit car facebook page. The implication being that they are happy to make one-off cables for the likes of us. I have had no contact with them.

Comment

Working...
                                X