This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What have you done with your marlin today

After the run back from Stoneleigh the car was very weather beaten. Actually washed it today Hooray, then saw oil all down LHS of engine Boo. I was worried that it was the pesky Cam oil seal, but no, it was the dizzy. Took the air trunking off, AMM too and then the dizzy. The oil was getting past that pathetic "O" ring on the Bosch unit. I have a spare and replaced the offending item Could I get the dizzy to connect with the auxiliary drive gear, and, the oil pump drive at the same time? Eventually! All back together. Let's see how long this O ring lasts. Next, a new twin downpipe from a local exhaust installer.
    Marlin Berlinetta 2.1 Efi

Comment

St. Peter view

WP_20160522_18_42_12_Pro (2).jpg

Comment

Awesome, the view's not bad either
        - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
        - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
        - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
        - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
        - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

Thanks and also the dog enjoyed

IMG-20160522-WA0019.jpg

Comment

Today I picked up Moll from the exhaust fabricator. She has a new SS system made to my requirements. The firm did an excellent job and so far all is good. The sound is just great! If anyone in Cornwall is interested then try Powells Garage in Redruth. –
            www.powellsgarage.co.uk
            [email protected]
            Ask for Paul on the desk who has the skill to know what the customer wants. The welder, Dave, is just brilliant. Give them a try, they are not cheap but well worth the cost.
            Of interest to GreyV8Pete, they had just finished work on a Sunbeam Talbot with both a new SS exhaust and a very good rear chassis (near the spring hanger) repair.

Comment

I must be getting soft. SWMBO has decided she wants music for our forthcoming long trip. Moll has an old Blaupunkt radio but it has not been used for ages and is very ill.

Today I installed one of those “classic” radios designed to look like a 60s/70s FM radio. This one has radio, MP3 (via SD card, USB stick or bluetooth) and will allow hands free ‘phone calls.

New speakers have been fitted and, yes, I can [just] hear the radio despite my side exhaust.

Just fitting daytime running / convoy lights under the front of the wings too. We will need these on my forthcoming trip.

Finally I have managed to obtain solid polished SS G B letters for the rear wing. Held on by M4 studs and nuts, not the lightweight stick on ones. Yup, abroad has beckoned and I am not going to fit that ghastly white and black Euro GB sticker to my car.

Just an oil change and all the filters before setting off in June to acompany a Grinall three wheeler, a Morgan three wheeler and a 1964 Auto Sunbeam Alpine. 7 People and two dogs.I’ll have room for 1½ pairs of underpants and a sock but I’ll get a season ticket to a launderette chain to avoid any malodourous disasters.

If we actually get away, then, destination - Cahors.

I’ll attempt a blog en-route. Watch this space………….

Comment

Enjoy, have a great trip, we'll look forward to your blog on here

Take Care too.

Rgds DC

Comment

Today we went to Essex and bought a Marlin Cabrio
                  And we joined the Marlin owners club as my father assures me you are all friendly
                  We pick our new baby up on Saturday!!

Comment

Welcome to the club.

Adrian

Comment

welcome on board

Comment

Welcome to the club Michael. Your Father is obviously a very astute man to come to such a conclusion. He is correct of course
                        Was it the blue Cabrio as advertised on Car and Classics??
                        Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 1800 Fiat Twin Cam engine and 5 speed Abarth gearbox built in 1987
                        - I have no idea what I am talking about........ but my advice is always free! -

Comment

Thanks Guys
                          Question
                          The Marlin we have bought is disguised as an Alfa Romeo, its been really well done and the badges are awesome, but is this ok? kinda feel like a fraud should they all be replaced with Marlin badges or since it is a replica and all is this ok? Opinions please,

Comment

Originally posted by jon_cox View Post
                            Welcome to the club Michael. Your Father is obviously a very astute man to come to such a conclusion. He is correct of course
                            Was it the blue Cabrio as advertised on Car and Classics??
                            yes thats the one very well done but should we lose the Alfa Romeo disguise or keep?

Comment

Originally posted by michaelknight View Post
                              Thanks Guys
                              Question
                              The Marlin we have bought is disguised as an Alfa Romeo, its been really well done and the badges are awesome, but is this ok? kinda feel like a fraud should they all be replaced with Marlin badges or since it is a replica and all is this ok? Opinions please,
                              It's a kit car, the design reflects an Alpha Romeo but in essence all kit cars are Bitsa. Parts assembled by the builder from whatever doner they thought were appropriate. The Suspension from one car the engine from another, a bespoke ECU to make it run, instruments from another, a rear axle from another, etc.
                              There is not one specific except that it should be correctly registered with the DVLA for its original chassis from Marlin after that anything goes in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by stevejgreen View Post
                                It's a kit car, the design reflects an Alpha Romeo but in essence all kit cars are Bitsa. Parts assembled by the builder from whatever doner they thought were appropriate. The Suspension from one car the engine from another, a bespoke ECU to make it run, instruments from another, a rear axle from another, etc.
                                There is not one specific except that it should be correctly registered with the DVLA for its original chassis from Marlin after that anything goes in my opinion.
                                Thanks that was my first thoughts but the father in law mentioned it may be frowned upon !! it has been well done so dont want to mess with it too much Just trying to find the name of the colour so I can touch up the very few marks on it, the wife wants to win shows with this car I have my work20170701_113801.jpg cut out here!

Comment

Working...
                                X