This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What have you done with your marlin today

Is the owner a MOC member? Could start a thread and describe the suspension upgrade like is there any reinforcing to the top mount required and where the coilovers were purchased. Interesting.

Comment

I have a retired Westie (15 this year) and shares my birthday. She loves the car and can’t wait for me to finish the Marlin. She often sits in one of our everyday cars while I’m busy with the joys of car maintenance.

Comment

I love the coilovers. Any info on them?

Comment

Jon & DM I've PM'd you
          Rgds DC

Comment

Finally found some time this week to finalize the plumbing for a newly re-conditioned B Series and had the satisfaction of it (eventually) starting & running on all 4 cylinders..!
            Took some head-scratching though...the re-conditioner had put the dizzy drive gear back in 180 degrees out

Lots to do yet but there is a danger I may actually get it back on the road this year..!
            Marlin Roadster, LWB...1860 B Series + Ford Type 9
            Renault Espace 54mm front calipers, vented discs, cycle wings and adjustable tie-bars.

Comment

Sorting out the offside repeater and cleaning up and painting the bumper mounts today jobs that have needed doing for a while, a long while

Comment

Hi All
                Bit remiss on responding to your questions but only just having built the Marlin I wanted to ensure that all suspension bits worked before I responded!
                Since the show at Weston Super Mare I have now managed to travel about 300 miles and have had no problems with the setup.Today I travelled up to Dave Gallop at Track Developments and had my suspension checked out,I am happy to say that everything is OK and working Well.Dave Gallop sold me the Protek coil overs and gave me a very interesting lecture on suspension set up and mechanicals along with technical advice on how to make sure that everything was set up correctly.Dave will have a stand at Stoneleigh and be giving some insights about suspension set ups so I would recommend calling in and seeing him if you are attending.
                I decided to remove the torsion bars as I wanted room to move the engine back and to give me more foot room at the pedals.This has proved a worthwhile modification as the gear change stick is in a better position and I had more room at the front to install the radiator.By the way ,the engine I installed is the 1.6 Ford Focus Zeetec utilising the existing ECU.
                I was very fortunate in been able to build the car from scratch ie a kit never built from when it was made in the early 80's so I did have the luxury of choice when it came to engine ,electrics and of course advice from all the detail that can be found on this superb Marlin Forum.So thank you Marlin Club for help and advice and giving me the opportunity to drive a superb vehicle that really does give you that seat of the pants driving experience!!!

Comment

Since I moved to Surrey the poor old marlin has been sat, wrapped up in under a cover in the back garden while so many other things had to be done.
                  Last week I got her started and cleaned up then built her a nice new shelter, one that I can get into in seconds rather than minutes!
                  I have every intention of getting out and about with her in the next few weeks so I am working my way around her making sure everything is as it should be.
                  Attached Files

Comment

An evening trip to Pembrokeshire Classic car meet at the Plough Pub Sageston marlin OCT 2017.jpg

Comment

Shetland Classic Car Show. 02 - 03 June 2018. four different kit-cars there this year.
                      Attached Files
                      Marlin Berlinetta 2.1 Efi

Comment

We tried to pay the Dart charge today. Comes up with Blue Auxhall? 2 years ago it was correct with Marlin so how has it changed. Lady on phone said ignore make of car. Have we been cloned? Baffled!
                        Liz & Doug

Comment

Comes up on DVLA site as a Blue Marlin Cabrio.

If you get a ticket for non payment make sure you get a copy of the photograph.

Ben+
                          Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Village Fete yesterday, got invited to take the Marlin. In amongst some pretty amazing machinery, but plenty of interest and nice comments !
                            Oh and by the way, I lost hands down in the "who's got the biggest headlights award" look at the Bentley special and Mk4 Jag to my right ...
                            Ps: no one asked me if it was a Morgan !
                            383486784_IMG_7232.JPG
                            383486784_IMG_7234.JPG
                            383486784_IMG_7228.JPG383486784_IMG_7242.JPG
                            Last edited by 928cdu; 17-06-18, 08:39 PM.
                            Triumph Herald 1200 based Roadster
                            Bought in 1983 as a running restoration

Comment

Hi Folks went for a drive today in my Roadster had it since early august 4th time out, sold a Stuart Taylor 7 to buy the marlin, had to change my driving style or will end up in a ditch, I know the roads in Derbyshire are not good, just like being in a horse and cart do all marlins have the cart springs at the rear? they will have to go, please help me, regards Ray.

Comment

You should have bought a Cabrio, it would have saved you a lot of grief changing the suspension about, no leaf springs on a Cabrio.
                                2000 Marlin Cabrio LWB; 2.0 L Burton Pinto in Ford Nightfire Red with Magnolia leather interior.

http://www.marlinownersclub.com/wppg...&image_id=2349

Comment

Working...
                                X