Click here to go to the code of conduct  Click here to go to the galleries  Click here to go to the video page  Click here to go to the SW Meets page  Click here to sign up
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22

Thread: What have you done with your marlin today

frequent forum contributor Club Member

Re: What have you done with your marlin today

Is the owner a MOC member? Could start a thread and describe the suspension upgrade like is there any reinforcing to the top mount required and where the coilovers were purchased. Interesting.

I have a retired Westie (15 this year) and shares my birthday. She loves the car and can’t wait for me to finish the Marlin. She often sits in one of our everyday cars while I’m busy with the joys of car maintenance.

I love the coilovers. Any info on them?

Jon & DM I've PM'd you
    Rgds DC

Finally found some time this week to finalize the plumbing for a newly re-conditioned B Series and had the satisfaction of it (eventually) starting & running on all 4 cylinders..!
    Took some head-scratching though...the re-conditioner had put the dizzy drive gear back in 180 degrees out

Lots to do yet but there is a danger I may actually get it back on the road this year..!
    Marlin Roadster, LWB...1860 B Series + Ford Type 9
    Renault Espace 54mm front calipers, vented discs, cycle wings and adjustable tie-bars.

frequent forum contributor Club Member peterboat's Avatar

Sorting out the offside repeater and cleaning up and painting the bumper mounts today jobs that have needed doing for a while, a long while

regular forum contributor Club Member

Hi All
    Bit remiss on responding to your questions but only just having built the Marlin I wanted to ensure that all suspension bits worked before I responded!
    Since the show at Weston Super Mare I have now managed to travel about 300 miles and have had no problems with the setup.Today I travelled up to Dave Gallop at Track Developments and had my suspension checked out,I am happy to say that everything is OK and working Well.Dave Gallop sold me the Protek coil overs and gave me a very interesting lecture on suspension set up and mechanicals along with technical advice on how to make sure that everything was set up correctly.Dave will have a stand at Stoneleigh and be giving some insights about suspension set ups so I would recommend calling in and seeing him if you are attending.
    I decided to remove the torsion bars as I wanted room to move the engine back and to give me more foot room at the pedals.This has proved a worthwhile modification as the gear change stick is in a better position and I had more room at the front to install the radiator.By the way ,the engine I installed is the 1.6 Ford Focus Zeetec utilising the existing ECU.
    I was very fortunate in been able to build the car from scratch ie a kit never built from when it was made in the early 80's so I did have the luxury of choice when it came to engine ,electrics and of course advice from all the detail that can be found on this superb Marlin Forum.So thank you Marlin Club for help and advice and giving me the opportunity to drive a superb vehicle that really does give you that seat of the pants driving experience!!!

frequent forum contributor Club Member rog8811's Avatar

Since I moved to Surrey the poor old marlin has been sat, wrapped up in under a cover in the back garden while so many other things had to be done.
    Last week I got her started and cleaned up then built her a nice new shelter, one that I can get into in seconds rather than minutes!
    I have every intention of getting out and about with her in the next few weeks so I am working my way around her making sure everything is as it should be.
    Attached Images Attached Images