Rebuild Diary MkI Roadster YTB 432

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rebuild Diary MkI Roadster YTB 432

More progress. I only put the radiator so that it was in a safe place and to save keep tripping over it, and
    whilst at it the horns etc got cleaned and painted. Many thanks to the Ben Caswell parts bin.
    Attached Files

Comment

The ally bulkheads would not clean up as well as I wished, so Scotchbrite pads / Etch primer spray can / Hammerite Stonechip Grey spray can all over.

The inside car surfaces then had a liberal clear lacquer spray coat, those within the engine bay were given a colour coat followed by clear lacquer.

Looks much neater, and the 1991 Subaru Mint Green colour is not a bad match for the original, need to check carefully in daylight to see how close it really is

I decided to leave the "previous" scars & dings alone, apparently the remodelling was needed to work on the ex Spitfire overdrive box

DC
      Attached Files
      Last edited by dcunn; 27-04-14, 08:05 PM.

Comment

Latest pics
        Attached Files

Comment

Starting on the brake rebuild
          Attached Files

Comment

Fuel tank relocated and in...I believe it's (modified) from a Hillman Imp.

With a plywood boot floor on top which will add a bit more rigidity

And NO Ben, I'm not fitting a utility room/washing machine into it, I did not see that the plastic and other hoses were in the picture !
            Attached Files
            Last edited by dcunn; 14-05-14, 05:54 PM.

Comment

Good to hear you are in the country as I received what I guessed to be a "Spoof" e-mail, saying you were in Manilla in the Philipines and you wanted some money. I have deleted it, but just a warning about your Internet connection.
              Car looks good, I hope at the Shows you are going to strip back to the "basics", chassis etc, so everybody can see all your hardwork!!! David.

Comment

I got the email to.

Adrian

Originally posted by davidmartin720 View Post
                Good to hear you are in the country as I received what I guessed to be a "Spoof" e-mail, saying you were in Manilla in the Philipines and you wanted some money. I have deleted it, but just a warning about your Internet connection.
                Car looks good, I hope at the Shows you are going to strip back to the "basics", chassis etc, so everybody can see all your hardwork!!! David.

Comment

Sorry to all.

Just looking at my computer this morning...I have no contacts in my list !....they have been stolen despite fully active McAfee software

To anyone who gets an email from me....I am NOT overseas !

Sorry again

Rgds DC

Comment

Hi DC

It could be worse than that.
                    The scam email suggests we reply on your email address suggesting they will divert the replies away from your computer.
                    You may need to get some IT guidance on how to recover from this...........?

Mike

Originally posted by dcunn View Post
                    Sorry to all.

Just looking at my computer this morning...I have no contacts in my list !....they have been stolen despite fully active McAfee software

Sorry again

Rgds DC

Comment

Originally posted by dcunn View Post
                      Sorry to all.

Sorry again

Rgds DC
                      Well, just in case you are I've sent £2550 to a man in manila. But Dave, I must say your standard of English has dropped somewhat. Even after 12 hours being tortured by Filipino police I'd expect more from a British gentleman. Harumph.

roo

Comment

Thanks Mike & Roo, yes it is worse than I thought. No in or out emails, and they've stripped my email folders completely

Scratching head at moment !

Cheers DC

Comment

Advice and action taken and emails are safe again now...but I've lost all my contacts

Anyone want to send me their details again, and I'll try to rebuild my list

Tks to all who helped

Rgds DC

Comment

Oh no I sent him cash in a plain envelope collected by motorcycle courier. DC how did this happen??
                            Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Originally posted by b.caswell View Post
                              Oh no I sent him cash in a plain envelope collected by motorcycle courier. DC how did this happen??
                              Happens all to easily unfortunately, keystroke loggers, social engineering, using same passwords for different places, SSL vulnerabilities and on and on. The major one is when they get a hold of your personal files from your HDD, encrypt the whole lot and then ransom it back to you. I had it happen to me last year when i stupidly opened up my network for a neighbour to use when their internet was out. luckily (1) I grandfather all my data off network and (2) the data they encrypted was mainly pictures of cats. In the end all you can do is not be daft about your security and have a sense of humour when it happens.

Hmm, seem to hijacked this thread ....
                              cat01.jpg

Comment

OK so you're no pussy !

My sense of humour has never gone away, just been momentarily subjugated by other thoughts...latterly involving certain
                                tender anatomical parts, a length of rope, and possible electrical inputs - however I shall never find the culprits

Rgds DC

Comment

Working...
                                X