Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rebuild Diary MkI Roadster YTB 432

Harry - cleaned up/repainted originals....look at post #47

Currently (pardon the pun) trying to sort an electrical glitch. The flasher indicator light on the dashboard always comes on solid when
    the ignition is turned on, yet when the indicators are selected it works correctly and in time with the flashers.

It is wired as per this diagram, I've rechecked and everything else is working fine...I'm wondering if the new flasher unit is faulty ?
    Should it be mounted vertically ie terminals at the bottom ? Does this make any difference ?

Rgds DC
    Attached Files
    Last edited by dcunn; 21-07-14, 09:41 PM.

Comment

When I bench tested a 3 connection flasher unit today the warning/pilot light only worked at the same time as the indicators. Probably your unit is dodgy or the wrong application.
      Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Dunnit ! Many thanks as ever to Ben, my new flasher as above is faulty, my "new" new flasher also gave cause for concern until Ben commented about
        load in the circuit. With a single 21w bulb front and rear each side the dash light did not illuminate, but his suggestion of loading further with
        a repeater bulb each side has sorted it out. Thanks mate, a good tip to remember !

It's now a much tidier looking car - onto the next challenge
        Attached Files

Comment

And the next challenge is the gearbox cover. I cleaned/repainted the old one, but it had been "extended" to fit the revised gear
          lever and looked very patched together.

So hey ho let's see how difficult it is to make one from ally using the cardboard patterns - more later (possibly much later!)
          Attached Files

Comment

Whilst rebuilding the scuttle I had not noticed it had "stretched" on the passenger side and hence overhung !

A little action with a cutting disc and then glassed it up as required (door on temporarily to check alignment)
            ...then impatience and not waiting long enough between coats means that the paint is pickled !

One job done, another on the list !
            Attached Files
            Last edited by dcunn; 15-08-14, 04:31 PM.

Comment

Fuel tank now safely installed and boot floor prepared (re-use of old material) ready for fitment once the rear tub is on.

Gearbox tunnel made (too much paint, but I guess that's better than too little, and it won't be seen anyway) just needs fettling/attaching
              Attached Files

Comment

Hi Dave, I like the neat dashboard. What tank is it?
                Franklin.
                Franklin, Leicester

Comment

The petrol tank is the same as mine, Hillman Imp. Rebuild looks good. David.

Comment

Don't forget to fit the magic poly bag over the gear change mechanism before you fully fix the tunnel in place! Peter.

Comment

Thanks for the comments guys - Peter it's done, pic to prove it !

Tunnel now attached, and dashboard fixed "glove box" bit is trial fitted, not yet wired up or stuck in.

Anyone have a spare Marlin grill badge for sale as I've just used mine !!!

CHeers DC
                      Attached Files

Comment

Splendid! And hi viz too! Peter.

Comment

And now it's painting time
                          Attached Files

Comment

Hi Dave

What paint are you using? I'm going to have to respray the body panels on mine at some point and I'm not sure if I can afford a professional respray so I may have to do it myself.

Andy
                            Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 2.0L Pinto built in 1986

Comment

Wouldn't it be great if the club had library/gallery of model specific photo's like this. As someone looking at Triumph based Marlins to purchase at the moment this is very helpful.
                              - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
                              - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
                              - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
                              - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
                              - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

Originally posted by dcunn View Post
                                Slow but positive progress

Wouldn't it be great if the club had library/gallery of model specific photo's like this. As someone looking at Triumph based Marlins to purchase at the moment this is very helpful.
                                - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
                                - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
                                - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
                                - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
                                - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

Working...
                                X