Marina Roadster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Marina Roadster

MDF is pretty much like a sponge for damp but it will last a few years.
    On the handbrake lever, knock the old plastic handle off and then get a new MGF one and slide it on, you can even do a shiney new button for it.
    MOC member since 05/97
    1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
    1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
    Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

MGF good idea, a much nicer handle.

Comment

Dash and interior panels of my Roadster were MDF. As Steve says it's like a sponge and turns into cardboard consistency. I ripped it out by hand as no tools needed and could get it to drip water when compressed !

Comment

I recovered the dash today (a rare day with no meetings planned )and sprayed the gauge rings silver (pic to come) and then ralised the gear knob looks shocking. Anyone have recomendations as to what works well with the old four speed marina box (reverse up and right)?

Comment

Lots of Triumph models used the same box, but can't say how many other cars used the same 4 Speed 'up and right' configuration.
            MOC member since 05/97
            1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
            1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
            Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
            The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Can't we get a marlin gear nob any more?
              Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 2.0L Pinto built in 1986

Comment

Its not listed in club goods - cant remember the last time it was. If anyone has one they wish to sell on....

Comment

There are probably some knobs left but no centres in them. One option is to buy a lapel badge and grind it to fit. I know someone did this and it looks quite good.
                  Suggest you email John Mulvaney. regards Liz

Comment

Will do Liz. I was going to get some centres made as I want to replace the Mountney one on the steering wheel too.

Comment

DSCF8966.JPG

Comment

Nice to know we've still got the red white AND blue LoL

DC

Comment

On one car I had (can't remember which - had over 100 !) the gear knob centre badge was replaced with a coin - might have been a 10p piece. A polished 2/- or 1d could be nice.

Comment

2/ ... two bob¬- lol

Comment

I think she is finished!
                              I think I have cured all her maladies and returned the little car to twin carbs as original. Just need to put a few road miles on now and tweak the mixture ever so slightly. But apart from that everything seems good. She has brand new tyres, brakes (recon calipers) new brake fluid engine serviced fuel tank cleaned and some updates in the cockpit and generally taken it apart and put it back. I think everything has been fettled apart from the rear springs.

I have just taken her out for a quick spin and she went fab - what a brilliant design this car was ...and is! I am in two minds now as to whether to keep it or sell and get something else to fiddle around with over the winter (apart from the Romero in the garage). Anyway, here's some pics.

vtf676L1.jpg

vtf676L2.jpg

vtf676L3.jpg

vtf676L4.jpg

vtf676L5.jpg

vtf676L6.jpg

Comment

Lovely. Really really nice!

Comment

Working...
                                X