No announcement yet.

Kenlow fan.Sucking.!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Kenlow fan.Sucking.!!! Now blowing !!!!

Hi - Bit late joining in here! Only just getting back in the swing after an operation. The general opinion seems to be that the fan is better as a sucker behind the radiator than as a blower in front. On a V8 Cabrio there is no room behind, but Ford engines should be ok. Some fans can be used as suck or blow, and some have reversible blades. Have a look in the Europa catalogue to see what can do what, or go to the makers websites. Having played around with various fans and grills on my V8 I've now got a setup which works, and I have a Heavy Duty Kenlowe blower which is surplus to requirements. Also two spare grills which were made to be held in with a length of aluminium strip. You can have the lot (except ally strip) for 50 quid, if you want to experiment. It is very easy to take the fan and grill out with my arrangenent, so it may be worth the effort to change yours. Come and see if you want. Dave.

Comment

Sounds good where are you.?

Comment

Hi Peter - I've sent you a PM with details - Dave

Comment

Hi Peter - I hope you can see it, cos I can't! It doesn't seem to be in my sent box...let me know if you get anything or not. Dave

Comment

Peter - I've just tried sending you another PM, but I'm still not hopeful! Let me know if you get anything by replying here. Dave

Comment

Thanks Dave will see how she goes for next few weeks .no over heating at the moment.will wait till the weather changes to do the big jobs.

Comment

Re: Kenlow fan.Sucking.!!!

I have perused all the threads re fans. I need to fit a new viscous fan and coupling (or a Kenlow as an alternative) New unit for my ford pinto in SWB Hunter would be expensive by comparison but reading threads it appears that probably best to stick with type already fitted. Any advice on fitting would be welcomed (I am not a mechanic). There is not a lot of room to play with between fan and radiator although it would seem that the radiator can be removed first Jim

Comment

I put my fan in front of the radiator so it blow through it. No heating problems in 15k miles and all weathers. Its best to make sure the spaces around the radiator/cowl are blocked to get all the airflow through the radiator.

Comment

Working...
                  X