Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stevejgreen - mapping

Hi Steve,
    Thanks for your previous reply. I have looked at the details which are very detailed. I have never had go at mapping - how do you know timing and mixture are correct? Could you give some me tips on what to look out for before I start?

Many thanks Roger

Re: Stevejgreen - mapping

I have an Emerald system on my Roadster along with a wideband lambda sensor.
    Whilst this combination theoretically gives me the ability to map the car on the road the practicalities prohibit this. To get an accurate mapping you need to be able to hold the car at specific speed/load sites while you alter the fuelling to achieve the target lambda you need (and the target depends on where in the speed/load range you are and what driving characteristics you are after - power/economy/balanced).
    It's really not that easy in practice...especially if you are hazy on the way the software works or on what you need to adjust.
    Having it mapped professionally on a rolling road is the only way to achieve a good result safely & relatively quickly - not that it will be financially painless - I forked out £300 a few years ago for a mapping session but it was well worth while. A good rolling road technician will be familiar with the software & will be able set up the ECU based on the characteristics you specify. The usual issue with after-market ECU's is getting accurate cold-start settings - that can take several iterations (over a period of days) to get right...or you could take the view (like I did) that providing it starts & runs it will warm up soon..!
    Marlin Roadster, LWB...1860 B Series + Ford Type 9
    Renault Espace 54mm front calipers, vented discs, cycle wings and adjustable tie-bars.

Comment

Re: Stevejgreen - mapping

Hi Steve, Thanks for your advice. It seems irrespective of experience it is best on a rolling road so I will dig out my Balaclava and visit a bank.

Thanks gain Roger

Comment

Working...
      X