Insurance Valuation Form - Help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insurance Valuation Form - Help!!

I've just sorted out the insurance on my Marlin Roadster and have been quoted £101.66 for the year by RH Classic Insurance which I think is a pretty good price. Mileage limited to 3000 miles, £150 excess, a £75 windscreen excess and breakdown cover. They require a valuation form filled in however. Is this something the 'Marlin Owners Club' can help with and how do I go about getting it completed. I would appreciate any advice you may be able to provide. Thanks
    Last edited by WendyEJ; 29-07-14, 11:07 AM.

Re: Insurance Valuation Form - Help!!

Hi Wendy. I'm afraid that this is a "how long is a ball of string?"question. I'm insured with Bloor. They asked for a valuation on my Berli a few years ago. I had a think about what it cost to build and all the work I have done on it since. I then had a look at cars for sale and what was actually paid. I worked out what I would need to replace the total car and power train too. The snag is that the kit is no longer available so there was a bit of helpful discussion with the Bloor people. I sent them a lot of photographs, details of the power train and what I reckon I would have to pay to get a similar replacement. We decided on £3500 at the time which seemed fair to all parties. This is what is agreed each year together with 4000 miles of cover. My premium is around £140 so you have a good deal there. I'm happy with my insurance as it has comes with legal assistance and roadside recovery. Like all these types of policy it is down to a negotiation process but most of the companies know their stuff and seem to be very helpful to us. Good luck and happy Marlining!
    Marlin Berlinetta 2.1 Efi

Comment

Working...
    X