Panel spraying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panel spraying

Been spending a few hours or so every evening repairing faults in the Marlin panels ans rear end, ranging from hole's, scratches, and old stress cracks, I had blasted the lot with a sealer, then a coat of Grey, and boy does it show all the little faults, anyway, I've repeated the process three times now, I keep thinking I've got it sorted until I take everything outside, but daylight is best and all the problems that cannot be seen in the garage are soon spotted outside, I must admit to finding this part of the Marlin overhaul rather frustrating and very time consuming but strangely enjoyable too. I think the last coat of Grey will be applied tonight and Friday evening ( Spread over two days due to space issues ) then I'll start a bit of fabricating. I have much respect for those who rub down and do a good spray job on a whole car without a booth or top notch equipment !!

Re: Panel spraying

I hear ya, I did the mine over the course of a few weeks and now when i look at it all i can see are the flaws. Its a job and a half.. .

Here you can keep up to date and help support club members who are currently building or renovating their cars.

Comment

I had another hour at it last night with a sheet of 800, it's coming along, the back end is the most difficult due to the distortion caused by the old luggage rack fixing's pushing the fiberglass inwards, I had to level off quite large areas, it would have been better to have dumped 50% of the body, if new panels etc were available. I'm going to get it ready for it's top coat, then finish off the mechanical's. It would be interesting to have a look at the Marlins with the spare tyre attached to the rear.

Comment

Well, there are some new panels available if you want. very cheap as i really dont want to throw them away.

dave

Comment

Thank's Dave, I wish you had mentioned this a month back ( Or I had asked ) I have done that much work on them, I am going to spray the top coat on them later this month, I presumed ( Wrongly) that there were none about, in fact I was contemplating making my own, Message me with the details, as I am still interested. Thanks again. Loads of parts etc have popped up on here and always just after I've bought the same article -- LOL.

Comment

Working...
          X