For sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For sale

Hi, For some reason I dont seem to be able to post this in the classifieds section,
    Im selling my 1982 marlin Roadster, Some work has been done but due to unforeseen circumstances ive decided to sell.
    Built in 1982 and running a 1750 Alfa Romeo twin cam on twin 40 carbs (not sure if this was the original engine)
    It is registered as a Marlin on a non Q plate, I believe all the parts are there.
    I also have a new, never fitted hood complete with soft and metal framed side panels, pictures below (These I will sell separately £250)
    Im posting a few pictures, If you require any more information please message for my phone number.
    The pictures do make the bodywork look better than it really is.
    Not sure what its worth in this condition, So any help with that would be much appreciated.
    Thanks for looking
    P1030572 (640x481).jpgP1030575 - Copy (640x481).jpgP1030577 (640x481).jpgP1030584 - Copy (640x481).jpgP1030589 - Copy (640x481).jpgP1030593 - Copy (640x481).jpgP1030595 - Copy (640x481).jpgP1030598 - Copy (640x481).jpg
    Attached Files
    Last edited by archie998; 25-08-14, 09:17 AM.

Re: For sale

If you are not a fully paid up member of the club, that would explain the reason why you cannot post in Classifieds.
    Do you have the Log Book? Without it registration may be difficult.
    There are several people who would love that Alfa engine, that will make the price difficult to judge. Ebay is possibly your best bet, but try Pistonheads.

Comment

Hi Archie998,

I would be very interested in your hood and side screens, do you know if your car is a long or short wheel base?

Comment

The car has a log book and is currently sorn. My car is a LWB and believe the hood is for it although the hood was not purchased with the car and has never been fitted ie no fasteners or front rail fitted (i do have 2 spare rails), do you have any dimensions or are the hoods the same ?
        Last edited by archie998; 25-08-14, 02:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by archie998 View Post
          The car has a log book and is currently sorn. My car is a LWB and believe the hood is for it although the hood was not purchased with the car and has never been fitted ie no fasteners or front rail fitted (i do have 2 spare rails), do you have any dimensions or are the hoods the same ?
          LWB is 6" longer! All from door pillar/Screen, backwards. It should be pretty clear whether the hood is LWB or SWB.

LWB, Alfa engine, hood to fit, non Q plate, log book, sounds all positive to me, even if it is a project.
          Is it tax exempt? Only very early Marina cars were. That would make it even more desirable.
          If only it was LHD!

Comment

Hello again,

My car is a short wheelbase Mk1, my side screens measure approx. 38" (965mm) when measuring from the front point and across the bottom of the window to the bottom of the zip. That should confirm if the hood and side screens are for a SWB or LWB. Appreciate it if you could let me know what you find.....

Comment

Mk1 were triumph generally. What you have there is Mk2, all Marina, apart from engine & gearbox and a few ancillaries.

Why did I think it was LWB?

Comment

Have just measured the side screen, see picture below
                P1030598 - Copy (640x481) (2).jpg

Comment

Hi Archie998,

Thanks for measuring your side screens, I think that confirms the hood is for a LWB.
                  That said would you consider selling the flexible side screens separately as they could probably be re-worked to fit my car. Let me know if you would sell them and what you would want for them...... cheers Dave

Comment

Hi I am very interested in your side screens with the metal frames. How much do you want for these I can collect.

Comment

I have a short wheel base hood and side screens, I never use them, so might as well sell them than clutter the garage up.
                      E-mail me if interested, richardscpl at yahoodotcom

Comment

I would prefer to sell the hood complete with all side screens. as its all complete with zips etc and new.

Comment

After some consideration Im going to put the car up for sale at £950 ono
                          I will consider offers for the car and new hood if sold together.

Comment

Hi, After a lot of consideration Im now going to open this up to sensible offers and may even consider a part exchange WHY ?

Comment

Hi do you sill have the car .if so can you send your telephone number to me thanks antony

Comment

Working...
                              X