Berli build photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Berli build photos

These were sent in kindly by Chris from Prestatyn so I have scanned them and popped them up here for you to view.
    R001.jpg

R002.jpg

R004.jpg

R005.jpg

R006.jpg

R007.jpg

R008.jpg

R009.jpg

RCapesthorne95.jpg

Re: Berli build photos

Like it!
    Love the colour choice.
    Gareth.

Comment

Nice to see old berli photos,especially the picture of the marlin factory.
      I would love to see any photos/videos of the Exeter factory that have been taken by anyone, before it's demise.
      I never actually got to get there 30 odd year's ago when I first started to strip out my old Cortina mk4 in readiness to order a berli.
      Thanks

Comment

1987 visit to factory in my roadster that was the Berli demo
        Attached Files
        Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Brilliant. great pictures.

Comment

Very nice pictures appearing about the beginnings of the Marlin, and it is nice to hear so many people are interested in the older cars. At Mark Moor Festival, near Glastonbury [my local club had 6 cars on show], where there were about 200 cars and motorbikes, a man spoke to me and said he made my car. I disputed this, saying Derek Giles built mine, he then said, I worked at the Marlin Factory at the onset, cuttingout and profiling the metal work. He described the workers, their idiosyncrasies and the way he cut out and shaped the bonnets. He has promised to write an article for the Pitstop magazine, so I will have to chase him. I will not disclose any more details, otherwise it will spoil his article !!! David.

Comment

I look forward to reading that. I think as a club we need to ensure we preserve all this stuff (DC is already doing a great job) for posterity as there are fewer and fewer kit cars, let alone Marlins, being built.

Comment

Excellent photos. Would love to see the article.
                Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 2.0L Pinto built in 1986

Comment

Really pleased to have these photos. Thank you. I have just started to dismantle one that was completed in 1993 but crashed some time in 1994. Very sad, but thankfully, nobody was hurt. Anyway, these pictures are very helpful in showing me clearly how it's supposed to come apart.

Comment

Great pics! I would consider this colour if I decide to change

Regards,
                    Christophe.
                    Last edited by cameronfurnival; 10-11-14, 08:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X