Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally, I've re-joined...

Only a 25 year gap... #LOL

Still looking for the right car though, but now have an empty garage waiting.

David.
    - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
    - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
    - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
    - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
    - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Re: Finally, I've re-joined...

Welcome back. I had a similar gap but I still have my original car, just wish I could find the time to finish it off!
    Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 2.0L Pinto built in 1986

Comment

Stupidly I didn't purchase my old car when it was for sale two years back, in fact it came up twice at a good price but at the time I had no time to do the work it needed, now I do.

Your car looks a cracker in that thread you have started.
      Last edited by David; 30-10-14, 09:23 PM.
      - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
      - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
      - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

It was, unfortunately the paint suffered when the roof on the garage it was being stored in was repaired and now it's covered in micro-blisters. Once I've got it running and MOT'd again I'll have a go at re-painting it. That's why I was asking about the "roller-your-car" paint. The process seems similar to the one we used to paint it in the first place, i.e. it took a lot of rubbing down and polishing to get it looking good! I used coach paint on the rally car and that always looked ok, even though we never put much effort into the painting ;-)

It's a shame that you missed the chance to buy your old car back. What spec are you looking for?
        Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 2.0L Pinto built in 1986

Comment

Ideally looking for a Triumph six based hybrid, just missed one a few months back which is why I sold my Vitesse, slightly annoying that I got the timing wrong. Otherwise if I managed to prise PKK 989M put of the current owners hands then I'd upgrade the 1.3 with a super charger and return it to the original dark blue and silver.

Comment

I had been trying to find my old Alfa Marlin for the last 18 months - without any luck - but have managed to find a similar car which will be rebuilt for Easter 2015 !!

Comment

Working...
            X