Soda Blasting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soda Blasting

I thought it would be nice to get my rocker cover on the Marina Roadster back to metal so I can give it a proper respray, and whilst I was at it, maybe the carbs could do with a tickle to bring them up. Soda blasting seemed to be the answer. I looked up prices of starter kits and found Eastwood in the USA did a kit with everything in it for $40. So I found the same kit in the UK - sold by Frost - and it's £66. $40 is about £25 so what's the other £41 for? Postage?
    A £25 kit is fine but at £66 I'm going to make my own!
    Take care of small metal stripping jobs with a siphon blaster attachment that doesn't require a full machine. These spot blaster kits connect to your shop air compressor or pressure washer for instant paint removal capability.
    Last edited by cameronfurnival; 30-10-14, 11:56 AM.

Re: Soda Blasting

Mate put his motorbike carbs in a cheap unltrasonic cleaner from Lidl and they came up great. I'd buy one myself if I couldn't borrow his whenever I need

Paul H

Comment

I have a grit blasting cabinet if you want to come up and use it. It will easily take a rocker box

Comment

Cheers Derek I might take you up on that

Comment

you could always redneck it.........

Comment

Please excuse my ignorance I have never heard of soda blasting!!! I assume it is gentler than bead or silicon blasting. and I also assume I can use my sand blasting gun.

Mark.

Comment

Working...
            X