Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MOC South West monthly meet

Originally posted by petermarlin1798 View Post
    I'm even further away than Dane, but hope to make it to a meet or two this year. Mind you, the standard of the beasties in the photos makes mine look positively shabby!
    Peter Reynolds, Helston
    Thanks for the response Peter. Shabby is not an issue with me, it's the shape that counts and it being driven!

I will try and pick somewhere further west as the weather improves. Peter.

Comment

Don't worry Peter(Marlin1798). Moll is a bit battle worn and carries her campaign scars with pride! Just about to be attacked with the Waxoyl sprayer in her nether regions. I take her everywhere and she fits in well.

Peter(greyV8) the clearout prior to the likely move is a great generator of stress but I'll try to get a "pink chit" for the next meet....we may be moving that month. many thanks for organising us so well.
      Marlin Berlinetta 2.1 Efi

Comment

Originally posted by MikePeel View Post
        Brilliant day Peter ,great company and location I look forward to the next meet. David, superb photos one for my album.
        Mr Caswell I have just managed to get back on line (I had to replace the screen on my laptop) so I will let you know about the number on my Marlin by tomorrow evening, if their is one!
        Call me Ben please, just got your PM reply on the way. Read the first and third sorry finger problem.
        Last edited by b_caswell; 14-02-15, 06:00 PM. Reason: update
        Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

South West meet Sunday 8th March 2015

The Merry Harriers
          Forches Corner, Clayhidon, Taunton, EX15 3TR
          Tel: 01823 421270

Please click on the red SW Meets button at the top of this page for full details. Peter.

Comment

I will be there, but not in the Berli due to its rear end now being in bits! New rear bushes and springs here we come :-)

Comment

Originally posted by HappyDave View Post
              I will be there, but not in the Berli due to its rear end now being in bits! New rear bushes and springs here we come :-)
              Don't panic! Team greyV8pete will achieve rear end rebuild by the weekend. I need deadlines!

Comment

Judy and I hope to attend. Our local Kit Car club had a meet up for breakfast at Blue Anchor, and then a photoshoot at St Audries Bay today. 18 cars present and the sun shone until most people had arrived home. I have the Roadster back on the road, touch wood, going well. David.

Comment

Good news David. Apparently (deliveries pending) I will be in the Berli after all...!

Comment

Originally posted by davidmartin720 View Post
                    Judy and I hope to attend. Our local Kit Car club had a meet up for breakfast at Blue Anchor, and then a photoshoot at St Audries Bay today. 18 cars present and the sun shone until most people had arrived home. I have the Roadster back on the road, touch wood, going well. David.
                    Thanks David. Looking forward to seeing you both there. Peter.

Comment

Hi Pete,
                      The house move appears to be going through although the buyers are being a bit confused about exactly when (any time from 16th March onwards !) I have a huge amount of clearing up on the farm so I don't think Cheryl or I will be able to make a meeting until probably May but I'll keep in close touch.
                      I'm glad that the reworked exhaust is working OK. I wonder how the Superflex conversion is going on Dave's rear end?
                      Nice to speak on the 'phone the other day, Cheers, Dane.
                      Marlin Berlinetta 2.1 Efi

Comment

Originally posted by Dane_Rescueman View Post
                        Hi Pete,
                        The house move appears to be going through although the buyers are being a bit confused about exactly when (any time from 16th March onwards !) I have a huge amount of clearing up on the farm so I don't think Cheryl or I will be able to make a meeting until probably May but I'll keep in close touch.
                        I'm glad that the reworked exhaust is working OK. I wonder how the Superflex conversion is going on Dave's rear end?
                        Nice to speak on the 'phone the other day, Cheers, Dane.
                        Thanks for the update Dane. Sorry that you can't make the SW Meet but quite understand. Hope the sale / move goes through without too much hassle. We look forward to seeing you when the dust has settled.

Dave's "rear end" is receiving Supaflex bushes as we speak! Planned completion ready for the run to the SW Meet on Sunday. Peter.

Comment

Eight people attended the March SW Meet at The Merry Harriers for an enjoyable lunch. Good to see you all again.

Only two Marlins though as it was a very wet and dismal Sunday, especially dissappointing weather after the the very sunny previous day, so all tin tops excused.

Happy Dave was there with his Berli following successful Team greyV8pete rebuild of rear suspension. Also my Hunter was there following completion of fitting the new 4-1 exhaust manifolds. Hence only our two cars in the attached photos.

Next meet is on Sunday 12th April. Details to follow on the SW Meets page. Peter.

The Merry Harriers March 2015.jpg

Comment

Next South West meet Sunday 12th April 2015

Washford Inn
                            Station Road, Washford, Somerset, TA23 0PP
                            Tel: 01984 640256

Please Note! - Carvery only on Sunday but they will do a veggie nut roast if I tell them numbers in advance. Please let me know asap if you want to order one!
                            Suggested time 11.30am for 12.00am so we can have a chat and bag a table before the rush!
                            Don’t forget to bring your train spotting stuff!

See you there!

Peter.

Comment

I will be there, from 11:30 ish as usual.
                              Hopefully the weather will be as great as it has been today

Comment

Judy & I hope to be there, we have been invited to Ernie Warrender's for a BBQ at Wedmore, but feel it might be too much UKIP as he is the candidate for WSM. He used to work for Marlins at Plymouth in the very early 80's, he has promised me an article for the Pitstop so I reminded him again on Sunday !!!!! David.

Comment

Working...
                                X