Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drivers wanted for East to West relay event the weekend of May 29th, 30th and 31st

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: east - west relay

Originally posted by Dane_Rescueman View Post
    Hi Keith,
    I would like to take part. After my recent "bucket list" trip I have developed a long distance hormone! I would probably drive to the start and might want to drive the whole way! I used to work at Brawdy just a few miles from St Davids. I'll keep in touch about my availability (and permission from SWMBO).

I would also be happy to meet at Worcester and drive to St Davids from there if I cannot get all the way to Lowestoft.
    Thanks Dane

I don't have enough drivers yet but I am hoping that it is because folks minds are more focused on Xmas. I will make a concerted effort in the New Year to rally the troops and then I can get on with the business of persuading dignitaries to get involved, trying to get sponsored accommodation and finding an appropriate baton. We have also got to think up and organise things on the actual fund raising side of things. Assuming that the insurance side of it is OK do you think folks in each changeover area would buy tickets to a raffle that offered the winner to be a passenger in the Marlin at that leg. Would drivers want to take on that responsibility? I could see a lot of elderly Parkinson's sufferers trying to get a ride for their grandchildren. Just a thought.

Comment

Working...
    X