Back for more

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back for more

Having first been a club member when I was 20ish year old , I sold the attached pride & joy some 20 plus year ago. Only to buy it back from the person I sold it too and strip it down for a rebuild .......quite a few years ago too. Will take a pic of its current condition to post soon , need some club motivation to start/finish the rebuild! Very impressed how the club has moved on in 20 years......
    Attached Files

Re: Back for more

That screen rail is so useful...a design classic

Welcome to the (growing) ranks of the buy-backs...look forward to seeing some pics.
    Marlin Roadster, LWB...1860 B Series + Ford Type 9
    Renault Espace 54mm front calipers, vented discs, cycle wings and adjustable tie-bars.

Comment

Hi IDM welcome back to the fold. As the Triumph tech advisor I am interested in some details about your car including the chassis number if you could PM me.
      Attached Files
      Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Originally posted by lil_red_roadster View Post
        That screen rail is so useful...a design classic

Welcome to the (growing) ranks of the buy-backs...look forward to seeing some pics.
        Thanks for you interest lil_red_roadster ........yes that rail is handy , not sure my rope work would be appropriate this day & age !!

Heres a pic , as you see I have some work to do do , I don't think I will be finished this weekend

Thanks
        Attached Files

Comment

Wow that's one naked chassis! you've really gone for it. I'm sure the results will be worth it.
          Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 2.0L Pinto built in 1986

Comment

Brave man!
            - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
            - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
            - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
            - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
            - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

Originally posted by andyf View Post
              Wow that's one naked chassis! you've really gone for it. I'm sure the results will be worth it.
              Surprised me that the MK1 chassis looks significantly less robust than the MK2 Marina based car I built.
              - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
              - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
              - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
              - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
              - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

Looks like they nicked more than just the wheels - still, they left you with some axle stands by way of compensation.
                Look forward to reading the rebuild diary as you progress.
                Good luck.
                Marlin Roadster, LWB...1860 B Series + Ford Type 9
                Renault Espace 54mm front calipers, vented discs, cycle wings and adjustable tie-bars.

Comment

I think I have spotted that the chassis has been modified for a drivers door??? Best thing now would be to get it blasted. Leave that out in my drive and twenty minutes later the scrapman would be seen disappearing round the corner with it. Keep us posted.
                  Last edited by b_caswell; 21-02-15, 09:39 PM.
                  Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Working...
                  X