Finally...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally...

After having fought and lost to overseas dealer bids on other cars I got this one, it looked like dealers bidding, but did anyone here have a go?

Price was a tad more than I expected but needed to get to the psychological £3k barrier to get the winning bid I think. Seems to me that prices are creeping up.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by David; 22-02-15, 05:04 PM.
    - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
    - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
    - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
    - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
    - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Re: Finally...

Well done tidy car enjoy!
    Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Yes it does look like a nice car. Well done!
      Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 2.0L Pinto built in 1986

Comment

Good news David, look forward to meeting you and seeing the car again (Stoneleigh?)
        Rgds DC

Comment

Yes I am looking forward to getting gout to some club events, or non club events #LOL

Do you know the car?
          David.
          - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
          - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
          - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

I note the ebay add states "will post to UK" - Jiffy bags have come a long way since I used them.

Comment

I'm hoping it won't fit in a jiffy bag!

Comment

Pleased you found one David

Bryan
                Stapley Bryan

Comment

Thanks all for the kind words.

David.

Comment

The car was delivered yesterday, slightly rougher than I'd hoped but not surprised Seller has been very helpful and I have the obligatory box of build receipts, notes, manuals photo's etc. I'll scan and upload the photo collection as soon as I can.

What's more interesting for me though is that the kit chassis number is 2239, June '83 and the car I built was chassis number 2325 just 86 away. I was based in Maidstone, Kent at the time and this cars purchaser was near Rochester in Kent just 15 miles away. We must have bumped into each other or passed on the road or at a show (Detling?).

Anyway, this weekend I'll be giving it a check over and listing essentials and urgent things to do. The first will be electronic ignition, fresh plugs, leads coil etc as they all look well worn. After that hoses and other perishables then I'll run it this summer and looks at a proper freshen up next winter.

David.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Decided to get the metal cleaner out today and realised the headlamps are Cibie Oscar's and the wheels Allycat Rallye Special, one headlamp is a bit rusty underneath, all 5 wheels are in good nick and are polishing up well.

Also took the polish to the paint, headlamps and nosecone and they have come up very nicely.

David.

Comment

Re: Finally... (odd bracket...)

Found this under the dash today. Was folded back parallel to the centreline of the car when I saw it, swings out easily. Looks heavyweight to be for a map light, Terratrip, satnav or somethings similar?
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by David; 01-03-15, 06:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X