X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Brake Pad Renewal advise please.

Hi Danny,
    Long time no chat !.
    Have headed what you advised but sticky whicket cropped up.
    As not builder of Berly, now 26yrs later with no checking recipt to hand.
    I am unable to order EBC pads as they say they need to kno if original donner was a saloon or estate 2.0 ltre and what year, as Ebc brake pads on these modles are not interchangeable !.
    I have checked all paperwork with receipts and can confirm its a MK 4 donner, but what it was or year there is no advisiory.
    Any recommendations ?.
    Regards.

Comment

Hi Fred,
      I have never seen a different caliper on the front end of a Cortina. Same caliper no matter which model. Same size pads. I have a Berly mk111, a Berly mk4, and a Berly mk5 all in the workshop at present and all similar. There was a 2000cc model in mk111, and mk4, and mk5. There was of course 1300 engine, 1600 engine and two sizes of the V6. All I need do with (car spares here in the midlands) is give approx year and pads delivered next day for any of the 1970/ 1980 cars. There may have been different density of material used for different engine sizes, but same for mk4 or mk5 with a 2000cc engine. My reccomendation would be to order the pads for the 2000cc saloon. Or find a more sensible supplier. Speak to Burton Power or Rally design or Kit Fit(0522770504 Or even Merlin motorsport at Castle Coombe. Tell any of these people your car has Cortina calipers on the front end and you want some suitable pads. If you still have problems give me a call and I will order you some and send to you.
      Kind regards
      Danny.

Comment

with the pads in hand if you go on the EBC website you should be able to match the pads with the diagrams on the site

it should be any of the ebc pads with the part number ending 291 depending on std green red etc.
        Last edited by Nigel c; 19-03-15, 06:08 PM.

Comment

Forgot to say. Cortina MK3 1970/1976 Cortina MK4 1976/1982 after that the MK5.

Comment

Thanks for latest info Danny & Nigel c.

I will go back to EBC and sort , as I noted Greenstuff was a DP291 .
            Burton power has exspensive pads and cannot state if there regular cheaper supply from them has any metal inpregnation in.
            So looking towards EBC to sort this as type normal driving.

Many thanks again all who advised.

Comment

Working...
            X