MK1 Roadster for sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MK1 Roadster for sale

This is not something I thought I was going to have to do.

Last year I bought a red MK1 Roadster with the intention of getting it on the road once more. Initially things were stressful as the registration documents were not held by the previous owner who had assured me that they had been applied for. After months of back and forth with the lovely DVLA and the previous owner, I finally received a full set of documents for the vehicle. Because I had not wanted to start work until I had the documents firmly in hand, the good weather was rapidly disappearing.

Next I set about sorting the jobs within my ability and working out what I was going to have to sort with assistance. With the summer now long gone and a non-heated garage, I decided that this would be a spring project with the view of tearing up the tarmac come the better weather.

Unfortunately my plan so far has not gone well as work commitments and other factors have come into play. As such my idea of getting the little car on the road has been shelved and I now need to sell it.

The car is correctly registered (not on a Q Plate) and has a 1300 Crossflow engine. From speaking with Ben at last years Stoneleigh event, I believe the car to be Triumph based. The car does need work both cosmetically (original paintwork so needs redoing ideally) and will require going over prior to getting an MOT etc. When I first got it, it ran but needed the carb setting up properly. The carb is a down-draft webber and it sits slightly proud of the bonnet lid (there is a neat hole for it to go through) which I think gives it a slightly sportier look. I will get some photos of the Marlin over the weekend as the ones I have are from when I first saw it and aren't that good.

I'm open to sensible offers as I'm not going to let it go for nothing.

The car is based in Warwickshire.

If you would like any further information, let me know.

Thanks

Re: MK1 Roadster for sale

Decision made and the car is now listed on eBay, item number 251887819700
    I fired it up this morning and even though my heart wanted to keep it, my brain tells me the reasons I need to let it go.

Comment

Good Luck Rich - and thanks for the positive plug for the club in your ad!
      atb
      Cameron

Comment

Hi,

thanks for that. I have had great help on the forum so far.

Comment

Working...
        X