Click here to go to the code of conduct  Click here to go to the galleries  Click here to go to the video page  Click here to go to the SW Meets page  Click here to sign up
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: Marina Roadster 1.8TC Q67 GJA

forum contributor

Re: Marina Roadster 1.8TC Q67 GJA

Quote Originally Posted by HairyDave View Post
    Not trying to teach anyone to suck eggs, but, did you try covering the stripper with cling film to stop it drying out?
    I did!

DC - dont tell me that's an aerosol paint job? If so well done!

frequent forum contributor Club Member

If ,as you did, get a good finish with rattle cans. Get a spray gun and compressor and with a little practise you will be professional. And whole lot cheaper. Just avoid Cyano paint.

Looking good. Bet yours is back on the road before mine.
    Mine is just the 1275, wish I had the 1.8TC though.

Cheers guys

"Honey I shrunk the car " It's back on it's wheels - after nearly two years up on the build stands I'd forgotten how small the Roadster is.

Brakes now sorted. The new master cylinder had the same apparent problem as the old one, more investigation showed that in fact
    a rubber hose was blocked solid, now replaced and all is OK. I hadn't realised this could happen, maybe good thing for others to note !
    I now have in stock a spare m/cylinder !

A while back I had an ignition melt down which required wires to be replaced, but the hot wires went through the plastic capillary to
    the oil pressure ......does anyone have a spare ? Oil pressure was OK on restarting, so meantime the car just has a warning light

Waiting for a new clutch pipe from ebay, I hadn't noticed that the same incident as above had also wrecked this plastic pipe.

The doors are now painted and hardening off before re-fitment.

The floors, seat belts and transmission tunnel are now back in and some carpet and the gear lever rubber refitted

Sunday afternoon, must be time for a snooze
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looking Good. Last year at the Gulisfield weekend I had the opposite . My vacuum pipe broke so I repaired it with tape. It was obvious that it was full of cracks , so I taped it all up . First time I touched the brakes I nearly went through the windscreen. It cured the lean running though.

Hi DC, on my rebuild diary I had replies about the bulkhead reinforcing bracket and noticed that you haven't got it fitted, is that for a later date or have you got a better option for it?

The car didn't have one !

I've part replaced the bulkhead as it was well cracked in the normal place and haven't decided on the best solution.

May just end up making one up to the Marlin pattern

No rush, it'll be a while before the bonnet sides go on !

Currently (pun intended) been playing with electrics.
    After several hours of head scratching, untaping loom, etc etc I've found out why my rear fog lamp switch also turned on the reversing light,
    and the reversing light switch also did the same !
    Look at post 65, the (ahem) "quality" plastic rear lights have metal behind the reflectors which means that when bolted to the metal number
    plate thingy they are electrically connected despite each having their own live and earth wires. Good game, good game !
    They work fine when just hanging on the wires - nylon bolts should arrive in the post tomorrow

Some more pics taken this evening. I don't profess to being an uphosterer, but for now these will do to sit on - I only had the seat shells with their
    proper squabs.
    Last edited by dcunn; 20-04-2017 at 06:49 PM.

Love it when car parts come in doors. I got my seats and windscreen up stairs, had calipers on the radiator when I had cleaned them up. Don't think I will get away with working on the gearbox indoors though.

Not just 'er indoors but doors indoors as well, somewhere safe whilst the paint hardens

Might be pushing my luck with these though, they still need a lacquer coat but I reckon they're a bit too big

The strengthening bracket for the bulkhead
    Last edited by dcunn; 22-04-2017 at 05:56 PM.