Marina Roadster 1.8TC Q67 GJA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Marina Roadster 1.8TC Q67 GJA

You look fully trolleyed, ventured into workshop to look at things and lasted about an hour.
    Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

I managed to loosen the bottom hose on the radiator enough to drain a few litres and top up with fresh anti-freeze, run till hot, by then had enough, too cold. Will have to go back later to check levels and top hop though.
      - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
      - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
      - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
      - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
      - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

Good to see that you take the gnome out of the garden over winter. David

Comment

Only needs a fishing rod in his hand - he's already got the silly grin!!

Comment

Visible progress, I've put new shells in the big ends and mains, pistons are all OK. Need to work on an idea for the bulkhead stiffener, maybe from the A pillar to the bulkhead ?
            Then give the engine a bit of head and add the other ancilliaries
            Attached Files

Comment

And you said mine was a neat job, yours looks wonderful. Keep up the good work.

Adrian

Comment

Always looks better in the pictures rather than reality, but thanks anyway Adrian.

One month on, slow progress, but it certainly won't make Stoneleigh this year !
                Attached Files

Comment

Hey DC looking at the rear end pics - why are the shocks upside down ???

Comment

..........................cos that's the way they were Lol

Seriously (see post #25 pic)there's an eyed bushed end, and t'other end has a single threaded rod with two rubber donuts , nuts and locknuts which attaches to the spring plate.....it's the only way they fit !

However, another thing I've noticed today - I put the prop shaft back in as it came out with the sliding bit to the front - the build manual says it should be at the back.

Dunno why, but I guess someone will know better than me.

Rgds DC
                    Last edited by dcunn; 08-04-16, 05:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dcunn View Post
                      ..........................cos that's the way they were Lol

Seriously (see post #25 pic)there's an eyed bushed end, and t'other end has a single threaded rod with two rubber donuts , nuts and locknuts which attaches to the spring plate.....it's the only way they fit !

However, another thing I've noticed today - I put the prop shaft back in as it came out with the sliding bit to the front - the build manual says it should be at the back.

Dunno why, but I guess someone will know better than me.

Rgds DC
                      Methinks someone ordered new dampers & didn't spec which end out of stem & eye should be which.
                      Marlin Roadster, LWB...1860 B Series + Ford Type 9
                      Renault Espace 54mm front calipers, vented discs, cycle wings and adjustable tie-bars.

Comment

Originally posted by lil_red_roadster View Post
                        Methinks someone ordered new dampers & didn't spec which end out of stem & eye should be which.

I reckon they must be the export variant for the Australian market!

Comment

The problem with those shocks that way, is all the water and dirt will collect in the bottom and rust the damper tube shaft me thinks ???

Comment

You're so right Baz. The original builder covered them, so I've done the same, and it had worked because these are the "reclaimed" original shocks.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Nice one DC !!!

Comment

Also all racing motor bikes have upside down fork dampers !!

Comment

Working...
                                X