Pinto breather disconnected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pinto breather disconnected

Hi Folks, I have been busy building a new life over the last year and the poor old Berli has just been covered up and neglected. Well! as of yesterday she is insured and, with a bit of luck and a following wind, she will be MOT'd and taxed tomorrow.

I have a question though, when I was checking her vital signs I came across the engine breather flash-back stop just dangling from the hose to the inlet manifold. I have turned myself inside out trying to find where the other end plugs in but to no avail.
    Please can someone tell me what I am missing...like a hose? (on rover V8's I know they connect to the rocker cover) Where should I be looking?
    Thanks in advance for any help.

Re: Pinto breather disconnected

As you were, a quick Google and I found the answer so now this thread becomes a "back on the road again story" Looking forward to some miles in the old girl.

Comment

Check that the breather is not blocked, could be what disloged it (blew out) unless it was caused accidently.
      Danny.

Comment

Good point Danny, I did wonder how it had come out in the first place, I will do it before I set off for the MOT today

Comment

Hi Rog,
          You can get a nice breather adapter from Burton power. All you need then is a nice oil catch tank with two inputs. One pipe runs from the oil cap to this catch tank. the other pipe connects the catch tank to the breather adapter. The Pinto likes this system. I empty the catch once per year and get no more than a third of a jam jar of liquid. You would need to block off the connector on the inlet manifold that the original breather connected to. I went this way upon advice from Vulcan Engineering.
          Marlin Berlinetta 2.1 Efi

Comment

Originally posted by Dane_Rescueman View Post
            Hi Rog,
            You can get a nice breather adapter from Burton power.
            Thanks for the info, I may well go that route

Comment

Working...
            X