• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tyres for a Marlin Roadster

Thanks for the advice.

Comment

Thanks everyone for your suggestions and recommendations on tyres. I feel well out of my depth at some of the questions re my Roadster as I'm new to this game ..... and NOT a mechanic!

The details I have on my car are as follows ...
      Reg Q281BAU
      First registered 1/10/91
      Revenue weight 715 Kg Gross
      1600 CC Petrol engine from a Mazda
      Chassis No SABTV0343124034

Fiona

Comment

Hi Fiona, and thanks for that info.

Next time you are grovelling around the car, please could you have a look for the Marlin kit number, located on a very small plate on the nearside front of the chassis, as per this picture (for a Marina based car.)

Yours is one of many cars for which we cannot (yet) tie in the original factory data.

If you would rather not put the info in public on this forum, my email address is in Pitstop

Many thanks DC

+ + + + + + +

PS For other members who are reading this, I would appreciate you to do the same and let me know your Marlin Kit/chassis number and vehicle reg.
        For Triumph based cars contact Ben or I, we can show you the other places to look !
        As with Fiona's car, your V5 could well reflect data from the donor car and not necessarily the kit number.
        Tell me your kit number and it's possible we may be able to give you some past history of your car.
        Rgds DC
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi Fiona,

You have put something into your thread that will interest almost everyone of us on here. You say your car has a 1600cc engine from a Mazda. This is the holy grail of engine upgrades for the Roadster due to it being a modern fuel injected engine designed for RWD and very cheap to buy. Please post some photos of the installation for us all to see.

If you struggle with the photo bit then you can send them to me and I will post them for you. email is [email protected]
          Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 1800 Fiat Twin Cam engine and 5 speed Abarth gearbox built in 1987
          - I have no idea what I am talking about........ but my advice is always free! -

Comment

yes please +1

Comment

Dave
              I have got a few photos of the car and am struggling to get them on the site. I've created an album and uploaded them but now stuck! I'll look for your email in the magazine and if it’s ok with you I’ll email them to you! Please do share them; I’m happy for anyone to see them.I’ve also attached a copy of the V5 as it shows the chassis number so maybe you can tell me more about my car from that.Thanks Fiona

Comment

E mail received well, also the many pictures - many thanks, the database has identified which kit number it is.
                Don't worry about uploading the album, I'll make sure there is one pic on the site, meantime here are the ones of the new engine installation !
                I'll respond soon with more info for you, to your own email, maybe this evening.
                Thanks again DC
                Attached Files

Comment

Thanks so much, that's great!

Comment

great engine install

Comment

Fiona has sent me contact details for the guy who did the engine installation.

He doesn't want to be bombarded with requests about how he did it, but I can put any serious enquirers in touch.

Rgds DC

Comment

Thanks DC.

1st serious question. Position of the engine mounts (exact location and how attached) to ensure bonett clearance.

My rear suspension and diff. are Marina 1.8 based.

Engine is from an NA (pop up headlights) MX5. 1.6cc twin overhead cam engine and gearbox.

David - Winter 2018

Comment

Hi Fiona. Would appreciate being able to have a look/take detailed photos of your MX5 engine install. Have already bought an MOT failed (bodywork) MX5 1600 cc (pop up headlight model).

This will be my second rebuild after 20 years.

Dave Cummington (sp?) mentioned you. And I just by chance found you posts.

David (Waterscumbie)

Comment

Working...
                          X