Where are you please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where are you please?

As I have been trying to organise the SW Meets for the last year or so it would really help me to know where the club members are located.

Unless I already know members then choosing a venue for the meets will probably not an ideal location for other members that I don't know about.

I know people are often apprehensive about divulging their whereabouts but this info would only be in the "members only" section. Just knowing the nearest large town to where you live would help.

As Cameron is about to update the Membeship Map that would be the ideal place to do this. Alternatively if you just go into your profile page on the forum and put the nearest large town to where you live on there would be a great help.

Many thanks in anticipation. Peter.

Re: Where are you please?

Hi Peter,

I live near Somerton, Somerset.
    Probably as far east as most (in the SW)!
    I see that there are members in Frome and Wincanton tho....

Tim

Comment

Originally posted by lynnx22 View Post
      Hi Peter,

I live near Somerton, Somerset.
      Probably as far east as most (in the SW)!
      I see that there are members in Frome and Wincanton tho....

Tim

Hi Tim.
      I am in Exeter. You should have come to the SW Meet at Shepton Mallet last weekend. It's just around the corner from you!

Hope to see you at the next meet which will be on Sunday 13th March. Location to be advised. Peter.

Comment

Hi Peter,
        I work abroad and not back till april!
        Regards,
        Tim

Comment

Hi Peter,
          I work abroad and not back till april!
          Regards,
          Tim
          Hope to see you in April then . It's the 10th April for that SW Meet. Peter.

Comment

Hello Tim, I think some way of disclosing addresses to other members would be a good idea as I live in Aller, Langport, and have a Red 1981 Roadster, Triumph based, which I have owned for 6 years. Last year we traveled about 6,000 miles in the Roadster. At the moment I have a clutch problem so it is going to be, engine and gearbox out !!! Welcome to the Club. I have traveled to most of the S W Meets, twice to Sheepwash for a meal, about 120 miles round trip. David.

Comment

Hi Peter,
              Not that far at all.
              Its strange tho, I don,t think I have EVER seen another marlin on the road.
              Qudos for those 6000 miles lol...I,ve done about 360 and half of those were because the electronic speedo was overeading by a factor of 3 !!!
              Still, early days (this time around).
              Personally I,m quite happy that my address is not plastered all over the site, call me paranoid if you will......
              I,ll try to make a meet but not easy, what with work schedule and no roof!
              Where is it likely to be on April the 10th? o we know yet?

Regards,
              Tim

Comment

Sorry Boys,
                I see I got the names/messages mixed up.
                Please don,t take offence!!!
                Tim

Comment

Sorry Boys,
                  I see I got the names/messages mixed up.
                  Please don,t take offence!!!
                  Tim

Hi Tim.
                  No offence taken. Exeter to Somerton with a V8 Marlin isn't far, so I took it with a smile

Nothing planned for the April 10th meet, nor March 13th even! Probably a pub lunch somewhere . Peter.

Comment

Hello Tim,

We Marlin Owners answer to lots of different names, especially from "Her Indoors" !!!! David.

Comment

Working...
                    X