Dolomite gearbox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dolomite gearbox

Is there any way of going back to past for sale items? The reason I ask is I bought a special Dolomite gearbox with a Laycock overdrive built by a chap from Fast Marina and he gave a detailed overview of how he did it. I think it was around 2012 or so. I am putting together a History of my Roadster and this would help me no end. I cant remember the chaps name but was clearly a clever bloke. It is a great gearbox and works really well.
    Thanks.

Re: Dolomite gearbox

I would be prepared to lay a large bet that you spoke to my colleague Chris Weedon otherwise known as MarinaCoupe on FastMarina.
    If it wasn't him, I am pretty sure he would have the answer.
    MOC member since 05/97
    1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
    1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
    Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

I think you're right Steve. I spoke to Chris re the new steering rack bushes which I have fitted to my rack. I'm sure he will know. There will be the write up though in past( for sales) if they could be accessed.
      Thanks.

Comment

I think the article you want is from Pitstop Feb 1991 or techtips or from a Marina perspective Chris's own website
        Last edited by stevejgreen; 12-02-16, 06:24 PM.
        MOC member since 05/97
        1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
        1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
        Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
        The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Thanks Steve, Just what I wanted. This proves the benefits of being a club member.

Comment

Working...
          X