Carte grisse (V5 equiv)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carte grisse (V5 equiv)

Ok now got my Certificate of Attestation on the Berly(issued on a rolling 30 year period) - its like throwing a double 6 in monopoly, now need to get a Controlle Technique(French mot) done then off to the local Prefecture equipped with all documentation and a cheque book, when the french reg will be issued. This then neccessitates a return to the testing station to get a controlle tech.. reissued with the french reg, that opens the door to some use after insuring of course - dohhhh french systems!

Re: Carte grisse (V5 equiv)

Originally posted by tony.stott2 View Post
    Ok now got my Certificate of Attestation on the Berly(issued on a rolling 30 year period) - its like throwing a double 6 in monopoly, now need to get a Controlle Technique(French mot) done then off to the local Prefecture equipped with all documentation and a cheque book, when the french reg will be issued. This then neccessitates a return to the testing station to get a controlle tech.. reissued with the french reg, that opens the door to some use after insuring of course - dohhhh french systems!
    Sounds like Russian dolls ! Look forward to seeing pics with the new reg.
    Rgds DC

Comment

Hi
      I've never re passed the controle technique,
      i just use it till the next controle in 2 (or 5 years for CG collection).

Comment

sorry maybe gave a false impression, just need the garage to reissue showing the new reg!

Comment

WELL DONE! Sounds like we have it easy over here!

Comment

tell me about it!!
            initially the circular tour of the various depts./agencies, then found the delegated official of the French fed of vintage vehicles, rennes based, conversation with him led to my application, after needing to change the v5 doc, engine change in or around 2000 but never registered/changed caused a 4 week delay. Also got the Cert d'attest... for my ancient Brian James Transporter, same 30 yr rule, rejected first time no proof of id, but another chum on a different forum cobbled a receipt which worked, trailers over 750kg gross wgt need separate reg nos and not that of the towing vehicle, france just loves paperwork/officialdom brings to mind the old poster of a chimp sat on a toilet surrounded by lots of unfurled toilet paper with the title I hate paperwork! ; - D) - still, nearly there!!

Comment

Originally posted by tony.stott2 View Post
              tell me about it!!
              initially the circular tour of the various depts./agencies, then found the delegated official of the French fed of vintage vehicles, rennes based, conversation with him led to my application, after needing to change the v5 doc, engine change in or around 2000 but never registered/changed caused a 4 week delay. Also got the Cert d'attest... for my ancient Brian James Transporter, same 30 yr rule, rejected first time no proof of id, but another chum on a different forum cobbled a receipt which worked, trailers over 750kg gross wgt need separate reg nos and not that of the towing vehicle, france just loves paperwork/officialdom brings to mind the old poster of a chimp sat on a toilet surrounded by lots of unfurled toilet paper with the title I hate paperwork! ; - D) - still, nearly there!!
              Try Spain! And that's for a modern car. In order to purchase and then import you need full identification of the vendor, copy of passport/ID etc. and then certificate of Conformity, and then....
              I am told it's possible to re register a Q plate, a garage locally had a few for sale, but they never sold in three years. Either there is no demand or the cost of the necessary paperwork is prohibitive.
              Simply importing and re-registering your own UK purchased car can cost €800 as a starting price.
              MOC member since 05/97
              1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
              1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
              Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
              The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

try france 1500euros + if first reg after 1 jan 2014 (eco tax) - i know just had to pay for my uk supplied car first reg 28 2 14
                !
                Last edited by Tony Stott; 17-03-16, 06:37 PM.

Comment

Suffice to say that UK is remarkably cheap compared to the rest of Europe (to my experience).
                  MOC member since 05/97
                  1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
                  1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
                  Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
                  The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Working...
                  X