Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which black variant used by YKC?

Hi all,
    I have a YKC Sierra based Berly of about mid '90's, Black and silver, just a fishing exercise in that I am trying to id the black, when exposed to sunlight/weather it get a blueish surface bloom any suggestions as to the original colour source -- I realise I am probably p**sing in the wind!!
    cheers

Re: Which black variant used by YKC?

I would suggest going to a car paint supplier and ask them to match it, most will supply this service although it would be prudent to call first. The paint will probably have weathered over the years and even if you had a tin of the original paint the chances are it would not match.

As an aside I am interested in your car, you say it is a Sierra based Berly built by YKC. I have a particular interest in Sierra Berlys, given that I own one, and as far as I know there were only 17 made and all by Marlin in Plymouth. I would be interested to see some pics.

Comment

Re: Which black variant used by YKC?

ok, kit probably supplied by marlin, construction started, I think the builder died, the car passed to someone else who asked ykc to complete the build etc - I have some details, but am currently preparing for a trip to Plymouth tomorrow, not in the berly as it is not currently regd here in france - booked in next week for the French equiv of the mot, then I can reg here a la frog and then insure it.
      my question re colour now falls into place I suspect as ykc would have used the adjacent sprayshop to their unit at elvington!

Comment

Working...
      X