Slowly coming together...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slowly coming together...

The greatest difficulty is finding the time to work on this restoration project:

What with 2 other cars in the household that both need attention and keeping a business going and keeping the kids and wife happy... Wish I could just have a few more hours in the day...

However, moving on. The front (Marina) suspension is now sorted. The starter motor that had a dead solenoid has now been refurbished and is back in place & I've been busy with the brushes too:

Before:

After:

Also discovered that the ignition key switch is defective, took a while to work around a fix - the 2nd stage switches the fuel pump & ignition on but the 3rd stage didn't activate the starter solenoid. So I hotwired it & it started straight away. Now I have a 'fighter pilot' style starter switch centre of the dashboard:

Closed:

Open:

Key to 2nd stage & flick the switch and she starts immediately.

Now to the brakes, lights and chassis underseal & replacing all those rusty steel bolts and screws with stainless ones...
    Maybe a couple of weeks? Mot & the open road

Re: Slowly coming together...

Very nice. Now why does that look familiar?
    Attached Files

Comment

Very smart, both of them.

Comment

Nice looking engines, what are they? Alfa's?
        2000 Marlin Cabrio LWB; 2.0 L Burton Pinto in Ford Nightfire Red with Magnolia leather interior.

http://www.marlinownersclub.com/wppg...&image_id=2349

Comment

Fiat twin cam for sure - great engine and box - but am an Alfa man myself !!!

Comment

1983 Fiat Argenta 2.0 twin cam, originally 112 hp. Not sure what this one has now; will shortly find out

Comment

And mine came from a '83 Fiat 132. Different cams and a lot of work but showed 150 on the brake when I had the carbs set up.

Comment

Yes I vaguely remember something different about the cams; (my Dad built it originally) - chrome molybdenum I think he said... extra tough

Comment

No - it wasn't the Cams - it was the crankshaft that is the extra tough component...

Comment

Working...
                  X