Javelin built cabrio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Javelin built cabrio

Lovely looking Cabrio with 2.5l BMW engine www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MARLIN-CABRIO-...222108577207?&_trksid=p2056016.l4276

Cabrio 2.5l BMW.jpg

Re: Javelin built cabrio

Mmm I am interested need to get another Marlin

Comment

Back on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MARLIN-CABRIO-CABRIOLET-UNIQUE-CAR-BMW-2-5L-EX-FACTORY-DEMO-KIT-CAR-NON-Q-REG-/222202329014?&_trksid=p2056016.l4276

Lovely looking car.

Comment

It is a lovely car, but I bought a Hunter instead. The BMW it was built from had over 100K on it reputedly so it seemed expensive at the 8K he wanted for it last time.

Comment

It's not 'unique' as he claims as he's described it as a Marlin, even with that engine . Call it a Javelin and it's a different story.
          I wouldn't worry about mileage as mine has about 140,000 on the engine [110,000 in the BMW and 30,000 in my hands]

Comment

I appreciate that but my Hunter which was cheaper than the Cabrio has 34K on it thats everything as it was all new when built so for me represents better value for money and also fingers crossed less to go wrong with in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by peterboat View Post
              ... and also fingers crossed less to go wrong with in the future.
              I assume that's after you've replaced the rad and moved the air filter.

Comment

It is surely tempting. If it's an all BMW car, as I believe it is, it's tempting to buy and convert to LHD and drive in Spain.
                What a head turner it would be!
                I might have alienated a few members there, but keeping a car alive has to be more important, it can always be repatriated!
                MOC member since 05/97
                1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
                1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
                Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
                The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Originally posted by jon_wilkinson View Post
                  I assume that's after you've replaced the rad and moved the air filter.
                  Its 19 years old 34k on the clock the rad has seen better days, and its an up down rather than crossflow, so for me its maintenance. Air filter is pure bad design the cooler the air the more power you have so it wants to be in a better position than behind a radiator at 80 degrees!!
                  Cost wise it wont be much for both jobs whilst I am at it I will do some other jobs in that area

Comment

I went to view this car, if anyone wants some information/ feedback then feel free to contact me.

Comment

Originally posted by peterboat View Post
                      Its 19 years old 34k on the clock the rad has seen better days, and its an up down rather than crossflow, so for me its maintenance. Air filter is pure bad design the cooler the air the more power you have so it wants to be in a better position than behind a radiator at 80 degrees!!
                      Cost wise it wont be much for both jobs whilst I am at it I will do some other jobs in that area
                      peterboat, I hope you took my comment as gentle teasing? If not, then I apologise as I certainly hadn't intended to cause offense.

Comment

Originally posted by jon_wilkinson View Post
                        peterboat, I hope you took my comment as gentle teasing? If not, then I apologise as I certainly hadn't intended to cause offense.
                        No offense taken saw the smiley and smiled

Comment

Working...
                        X