SU Carb Refurbishment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SU Carb Refurbishment

Hi I have fitted a 2.0 zetec to my roadster if I can be any help please ask. It is running a standard rear axle and frount brakes but have put green stuff pads on the frount. The engine is running on bike carbs which I bought from Danst engineering and a nodiz ecu it's not that complicated to do, probably the hardest part is welding in new engine mounts in.
    I will put some pictures up if you are intrested
    Regards Angus

Comment

Originally posted by angusgrooby View Post
      Hi I have fitted a 2.0 zetec to my roadster if I can be any help please ask. It is running a standard rear axle and frount brakes but have put green stuff pads on the frount. The engine is running on bike carbs which I bought from Danst engineering and a nodiz ecu it's not that complicated to do, probably the hardest part is welding in new engine mounts in.
      Regards Angus
      Could make a good article for pit stop.

Comment

Originally posted by angusgrooby View Post
        Regards Angus

Yes pictures would be great thanks

Comment

Hopefully a couple of photos attached
          Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Angus, its still a tight squeeze on the induction side with bike carbs. i want to go fuel injection and talking to the guys at the Scottish Kit Car Center they use the standard single throttle body, standard ECU and a custom inlet plenum like this one they are doing in another car right now.

How about your sump, what happened at that end of the build?

Comment

That looks really good, yes I think the custom pelenum and keeping the throttle body looks good and may have saved me a lot of time as the carbs on mine fouled the stering which I altered then it led me to relocate the servo. Replacing the servo and brake master cylinder was not a big deal for me as the originals where Brocken.
              looking back I should have gone down this route but I had bought the carbs so I was going to make them fit!
              Regarding the sump I chopped the metal section of the sump down and added a couple of baffles I followed a lot of the hints and tips on pauls Zetec installation, type it into Google and his page should pop up.
              Attached Files

Comment

Hi Scott,
                Yes I probably should wright it up but my engineering skills come know where near as good as yours! when I get time I will, but time is not on my side at the moment running a business and having a young family take up a lot of my time.

Comment

What gearbox did you use? I assume a Type 9?

I am thinking Mazda RX8 gearbox

Comment

Well an upgraded engine and box will have to wait for now, so its off with the Old and on with the New Carb. Ready for cables and a tune, but only after the clutch is done.

Last edited by hkp57; 24-05-16, 11:11 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X