New Scottish member

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Scottish member

Hi I joined the club at the end of April after buying a YKC Roadster last December. I have not gone to the sub group of YKC as it does not seem to be used very often. My car is as stated a modified Sierra based YKC Roadster with a 1.8 SX Nissan Turbo engine. It was factory built and registered in 1998. I know it is not a purist's car but I am very pleased with it and is enough work for me and great fun to drive. I also own a Luago Velocity with an 1800 CVH engine. I have put a couple of photos on my profile album of the YKC car. After some minor improvements and paintwork, I took the car out for it's first run last Monday up the Scottish hills. It went very well. My next job is to make small wind deflectors to be able to travel faster than 50!! Is there any one else in the club with a Nissan engined Merlin? If so I would be interested to hear of their experiences. Looking forward to meeting up with some of the members in the future.
    Attached Files

Re: New Scottish member

I am no YKC expert, but your stubby front wings cannot contribute to ducting air away from the cockpit. Cycle wings may be a great improvement, I am guessing that you have a Marina donor front suspension, lil_red_roadster may be able to guide you.
    MOC member since 05/97
    1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
    1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
    Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Hi I understand the previous owner cut them down as they were damaged. I am having problems with excessive wind turbulence at speed but hope the deflectors I am making will assist. The day I was out was very windy though. I also hit some water ,that was interesting!! All suspension and running gear is stated as Sierra. Thanks for comment, and advice

Comment

I have a complete set of new YKC body panels (Julietta full wings) These wings would transform your car. Danny.

Comment

Hi Danny. Would be an option although the car is different with the stubby wing side box and exhaust cover. What price range are we talking about ? do the wings use the same mounting brackets ? and how far are you from southern Scotland? I am on a reasonably tight budget. Thanks for your assistance, Peter

Comment

I am a long way from any part of Scotland. West Midlands. I dismantled a new (never on the road) not reg YKC Julietta which had had a proffesional spray job (receipt for £3500 for painting ) I have every panel, rear tub, rear wings, 2x doors 2x front wings, 2x engine side panels, scuttle, bonnet, nose cone. Available to a club member for a token payment of say £400.

Comment

Originally posted by beattock roadster View Post
              Hi I joined the club at the end of April after buying a YKC Roadster last December. I have not gone to the sub group of YKC as it does not seem to be used very often. My car is as stated a modified Sierra based YKC Roadster with a 1.8 SX Nissan Turbo engine. It was factory built and registered in 1998. I know it is not a purist's car but I am very pleased with it and is enough work for me and great fun to drive. I also own a Luago Velocity with an 1800 CVH engine. I have put a couple of photos on my profile album of the YKC car. After some minor improvements and paintwork, I took the car out for it's first run last Monday up the Scottish hills. It went very well. My next job is to make small wind deflectors to be able to travel faster than 50!! Is there any one else in the club with a Nissan engined Merlin? If so I would be interested to hear of their experiences. Looking forward to meeting up with some of the members in the future.
              Welcome to the forum, stunning spot for a photo shoot

Comment

Thanks for the welcome, the view is above Talla Water not far off the A701 from Moffat to Edinburgh nr. Tweedsmuir. Great area for roadster runs.

Comment

Hi Danny West Midlands is not too far away say 4 hours. What colour are the panels? Price is good. Will consider options. Sun was out again today so went for a quick run around, great!. regards Peter

Comment

Colour is Rover Amaranth (pearl) double acrylic. Hints of blue, purple, crimson. change in the light and the angle.

Comment

Hi Danny thanks very much for the offer. The price is a bargain for the panels, but I think I will keep the car as it is for now and see how the new wind deflectors work when I have made and fitted them. Would you know where I could get a YKC front badge? Thanks again Peter

Comment

Hi Peter. Are you going to the Shetlands Classic Car Show?
                        Marlin Berlinetta 2.1 Efi

Comment

Hi Dane, No but I am hoping to meet the Southern Kit Car Club members visit to Scotland at Dumfries and join them for a while on Sunday 12th June. One day will hopefully go to the Shetland show.

Comment

Working...
                          X