Marina rear brake bleed problem...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Marina rear brake bleed problem...

QUOTE "the valve that the pipes go to from the master cylinder and then go off to the front and the rear was jammed.
    "
    This device is actually a pressure differential warning actuator when one of the circuits looses pressure the shuttle moves across and actuates a switch in the middle.
    Once you repair the leaking side you have to carefully bleed the opposite end to reset the shuttle.
    Last edited by b_caswell; 06-06-16, 09:41 PM.
    Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Found out about Earlpart when I bought a diff breather at £12.00 and later discovered the Triumph one was the same at £4 from Rimmer. Buy in haste, repent at leisure and do your research!
      Stumbling around in the dark
      Marina based SWB roadster
      Alfa Romeo 1750 with 5 speed box

Comment

Chris Weedon has replied and has recommended I speak to and then send it to Past Parts. So I called them up & spoke to a clearly very knowledgeable chap who knew the part & said there isn't a seal kit available for this particular m/c but they have managed to make an 'in house designed' repair seal for the piston & have done some 30+ now using it - without any issues so I have sent it to them today. Expected turnaround maybe up to 3 weeks
        Meanwhile I have eliminated the misfire problem by finding one faulty plug. So all 4 plugs replaced & engine running sweet

Comment

If nothing else, that is progress on two fronts. A lot of the work on hydraulics organised by Chris goes through PastParts, I trust yo mentioned his name as it helps them and Chris to give continued support to the greater Marina community, not just the original model owners and restorers.

Comment

Originally posted by stevejgreen View Post
            If nothing else, that is progress on two fronts. A lot of the work on hydraulics organised by Chris goes through PastParts, I trust yo mentioned his name as it helps them and Chris to give continued support to the greater Marina community, not just the original model owners and restorers.
            Yes I did - as he requested..

Comment

Working...
            X