Newbie in need of help!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newbie in need of help!!!

Hi, thanks to everyone who has contributed to this link it is very much appreciated. This is the first time Iam attempting anything like this, I'm a landrover man and have always done my own work and know these inside out, its also the first time I'm using a forum to gather the information required to rebuild a vehicle. My idea is to try and put the Marlin back together using all new parts where possible, returning it back to its former show glory days, I also want to try keeping it as original as possible with some subtle changes to enhance it ie, electric fan, alternator, new suspension, bushing etc

Steve thanks for the keep & share access it will take me a while to get through all of that. The donar car was a j plate 1971 (I think) the build paperwork has the donar vehicle registration BOR673J.
    I managed to get the car fired up last night, engine sounds a little rough but no knocking or unusual noises. The distributor cap has seen better days and the mix match of HT leads obviously doesn't help (all new parts ordered)

Comment

I think it's probably best to deal with one issue at a time.
      Get the rear brakes sorted, then the front suspension.
      Hopefully then you can get an MOT, have some fun driving the car and then deal with all the other issues in turn.
      Swapping the Dynamo to an alternator will require several hours of downtime, but most Roadsters, with the minimum of electrical accessories, and generally being fair weather cars, don't have a massive electrical demand.

Only too pleased to see progress being made.

Comment

Very interesting thread, good luck with it. Good advice from Steve, get it going, have some fun and deal with the other issues on cold wet days. Mine is getting close to its MOT, if I can get the SUs to work, spitting and popping. On the bad days sometimes closing the garage door and walking away is best. Keep the faith.

Comment

Just been speaking to Stuart who has the Ital(Marina)on Gumtree in ListerJP2's earlier post. He sounds a useful source of Marina bits. Usual disclaimers.

Comment

Working...
          X