Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Club goods

Originally posted by John_Mulvaney View Post
    David, the bank (and Club Treasurer) are understandably very wary when it comes to disclosing account details.
    As only your first name is currently displayed kindly email me as requested in an earlier posting and I will be pleased to progress your Club Goods order.
    Many thanks,
    John
    The irony of course is that when using PayPal correctly, neither party have access to the others bank account details. They are held only by PayPal.
    When used correctly, within their terms and conditions, their security is excellent, otherwise it's use would not be worldwide.

But like any financial system, if you operate outside their terms and conditions or fall foul of a scam operated by a third party, something that can more easily happen when bank details are available, things can go wrong.

Comment

Banking security.
      Club Goods banking is by means of a concessionary/charity business account for which no electronic facilities other than incoming payments are permitted.
      John

Comment

Originally posted by John_Mulvaney View Post
        Banking security.
        Club Goods banking is by means of a concessionary/charity business account for which no electronic facilities other than incoming payments are permitted.
        John
        Paypal just transfer the funds as any other entity would so you are OK there.

I'll DM you John.

David.
        PS - repeating my offer to setup an online shop for you John, if that helps.
        Last edited by David; 29-05-16, 09:02 AM.
        - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
        - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
        - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
        - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
        - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

The point is, that the tools are available via eBay and PayPal.
          There are thousands of small eBay sellers that operate at a small but not insignificant profit.

Not wanting to offend the committee, I get the feeling that resistance is more based on the fear of the unkown, rather than the potential, and I agree it might be small, benefit both to the club members, and to club funds. It is only a few months to Christmas, and John's plea for Calendar photos. If eBay and or PayPal could be set up in time for that alone, even if payments went to Johns personal account, surely then, it's example could be used to support or refute the proposal to expand the process further into Club Goods.

The proposal is not just about generating club funds, it's about providing a service to club members who ultimately will bear the cost, or reap the benefit. Judging from comments on the thread five years ago, there is general support from several established members.

Comment

John and I are getting the purchase sorted out via email, unfortunately no leather key fobs so these need to be removed from the web site.
            - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
            - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
            - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
            - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
            - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
              John and I are getting the purchase sorted out via email, unfortunately no leather key fobs so these need to be removed from the web site.
              More irony! The eBay shop system includes automatic stock control and can be set up to automatically prompt reordering if necessary.

Comment

No irony at all, they were a slow seller so I sourced an alternative design elsewhere.
                John

Comment

Working...
                X