engine management

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• engine management

I think my Ford Sierra 2 litre dohc efi may need remapping. It has become very unreliable ... failing to start and when running has flat spots under accelerarion. I have looked at all the obvious possibilities viz: distributor, cap rotor arm, plugs all of which I have renewed. Ditto the fuel filter and llamda sensor. I have checked all HT leads and battery connections and earths. Can anybody suggest other avenues to explore.

Looking forward to any suggestions.

Thank you

Re: engine management

Could be a temperature sensor that has failed, giving wrong readings to the management unit.
    Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Hi Andrew
      I had similar issues with mine, I found that rubber pipes to and from external fuel pump had collapsed inside due to age thus restricting fuel supply, unfortunately the pump had to replaced. I also on occasions put a tin of BG44K injection cleaner in the tank, I think it improves performance although this may be psychological.
      Regards
      Dave

Comment

Is it the original Ford ECU, EEC IV?
        There are pretty basic fault code readers available that might narrow down your search.

Comment

I would try some injector cleaner
          Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 2.0L Pinto built in 1986

Comment

If you can check fuel pressure, should be 5 bar ignition on and 3 bar engine running. It sounds to me like fuel starvation and I would think you may soon need a new high pressure fuel pump.

One other check is to carry out a throttle position sensor reminder.
            1. ignition on only.
            2. press throttle pedal fully up and down quite quickly about 10 times.
            3. switch off and WAIT a few minutes, and then start the engine.
            If your symptoms persist I would go for the fuel pump.

Comment

Check / change all filters. Check fuel pressure. Check temp 1 and temp 2 sensor, AMM and plugs, the TPS and the old favourite the idle valve operation.
              Marlin Berlinetta 2.1 Efi

Comment

Thank you. I have looked at fuel supply and have good flow.

Comment

Working...
                X