Rustoleum again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rustoleum again

Well here we go again first coat of rustoleum red.

Forgot to mention, this time it's with rattle cans.

20160806_093247.jpg

Will post a picture every coat so you guys can see the final finish.

Second coat, will do a third then rub down before the fourth and final coat.

20160806_095756.jpg

Third coat, now the hard part, wait for 48 hours before sanding with 1500 grit.

20160806_102701.jpg

See you in two days.

Adrian
    Last edited by listerjp2; 06-08-16, 09:58 AM.

Re: Rustoleum again

Where did you get the paint from?
    Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 2.0L Pinto built in 1986

Comment

I got mine from

But if you type rustoleum stockists into Google you will find a site where you can enter your postcode and it should tell you the nearest stockist.

Adrian

Comment

Make sure you get combi colour, I have tried the rest and this is the best.

Adrian

Comment

Originally posted by listerjp2 View Post
          I got mine from

But if you type rustoleum stockists into Google you will find a site where you can enter your postcode and it should tell you the nearest stockist.

Adrian
          Great tip thanks Adrian and good timing too! I have just overhauled the rear CV joints and wheel bearings on my Hunter and while it was all stripped down I scraped off all the infamous powder coat and repainted with Rustoleum Combicolor Satin Black. It has the same characteristics (smell and flows well) as the "old" Hammerite smoothrite but if anything stays more soft when dry.

For anyone that needs some in the Exeter area I bought mine at Brewers in Marsh Barton. Peter.

Comment

Glad I could help.

Not done much to the light pods as I am on holiday.

Will return to them when I return this weekend.

Adrian

Comment

OK here we go.

In the first picture the left hand light pod has had a rub down with two thousand grit to get rid of the nipples and orange peel.

Then a going over with Meguirs ultimate compound and polished to a shine.

The right hand one is just as it was after spaying.

I don't know if you can see from the picture but it is as smooth as a babies bottom and as shiny as hell.

Yes I do realise that I should have gone a bit more careful on the top rivet.

But this is definitely the way I will go with the rest of the body.

I don't know if the closeups give any further detail but I have included them anyway, the first being the rubbed down version.

Will cost around £100 and plenty of my time.

20160905_182546.jpg
              20160905_182655.jpg
              20160905_182720.jpg

Adrian
              Last edited by listerjp2; 05-09-16, 05:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X