Chassis Number - Where is it !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chassis Number - Where is it !!

As the post says, where is the chassis number on a Marina based Roadster..I know that Marlin used 4 digits - but as mine is registered as a Marlin I take it that the DVLA made the number up to 10 digits by using the sale date of the kit ?? So will I have the 10 digit chassis number anywhere on the chassis ???

Re: Chassis Number - Where is it !!

On my Roadster it is a 4 digit number on a small plate about 1 inch long attached to the Chassis Nearside Front.I think all the Kits had there own Marlin Chassis number with he Kit.But not 100 % sure.Also this 4 digit number appears on the V.5 as the Chassis Number
    Last edited by old_n_notpastityet; 12-08-16, 07:04 PM. Reason: added info

Comment

Try here for the 4 figure number, though from the pics I have of the car I can't see if it's there or not !
      Attached Files

Comment

That's where mine is as well. Also my V5 just quotes the 4 figure number.

Derek
        Stumbling around in the dark
        Marina based SWB roadster
        Alfa Romeo 1750 with 5 speed box

Comment

Same on my Mk2 hybrid.
          - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
          - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
          - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
          - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
          - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

Thanks guys - just checked and no plate on my chassis - my chassis number on the V5 is 2196240182 - I'm thinking kit number 2196 and 240182 is the invoice date ??

Comment

Correct number and build date. Kit was collected 28 01 82.

Comment

I wonder why I have a 10 digit chassis number and others have 4 ?? Are they all registered as Marlin ??

Comment

When I built mine the Marlin no. was 1459M. To keep her indoors happy I added her initials to it to give 1459MVAC. The chap who came from Truro to check it out and issue it's paperwork was happy with it and it's reg. as a Marlin Roadster with the origional Marina reg.no. so next year it should be tax free.
                  I suspect the origional builder probably did something similar.

Comment

Originally posted by dbazdavies View Post
                    I wonder why I have a 10 digit chassis number and others have 4 ?? Are they all registered as Marlin ??
                    When I acquired my Roadster it was registered as a Morris Sports.Not happy with that I wrote to the Kit Car section of the DVLA and sent evidence of the original build with pictures of the car and fortunately pictures of other evidence to support the fact it was in fact a Marlin Roadster.I was relieved a few weeks later when I got a new V5 with it registered as a Marlin Roadster.As for the Chassis number It would not bother me too much personally so long as it is registered correctly.Just enjoy the car,I love mine,tend to use it more than my other toys,2 more classic cars and 2 bikes.Enjoy

Comment

My '91 Roadster appears to have the vin of the original vehicle . It is correctly registered as a Marlin. It also has a Marlin chassis number. Things were a bit more relaxed then.

Comment

Working...
                      X