Charity fund raiser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charity fund raiser

I didn't run a charity fund raising event this year as one of the guys at our Parkinson's branch (Peter the Pilgrim) is walking from Little Missenden in Bucks to the Santiago de Compostela in Northern Spain (over 1500 miles) and we have been carrying out fund raising events associated with that. What I did do last weekend however was to put my car on the Parkinson's stall at a big local fete and offered to let folk sit in it and take photos for a quid - a sort of car selfie. I checked with my insurance folk who in turn checked with the underwriters who were happy as long as the fete organisers had taken out public liability which they had. We had 27 takers which isn't a lot of money for for 4 hours effort but the car did become a draw onto the stall which took just over £200. It was a joy to see little kids faces as they climbed in but I had a moment of dread when a somewhat, shall we say, buxom lady got in and had her photo taken. I noticed the suspension go down as she got in and it took two of us to extract her amid lots of laughter after she had had her photo taken. At one stage I thought I was going to have to take her home but I could hardly tell Margaret that I had won her in a raffle !!

So, if you fancy raising some funds for your favoured charity perhaps you can use the idea alongside some other activity and if anyone is interested in our chaps walk, the details are :

Credit cards, Mortgages, Savings, ISAs, Investments and Insurance – Our quest to make banking better starts here
Working...
X