Search REAR TWO LEAF ROAD SPRING

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Search REAR TWO LEAF ROAD SPRING

I have never been able to track down full Marina leaf Spring specifications.
    All that I have is listed on keepandshare the document that Jean Pierre has looked at.

With that info and one as a pattern it should be possible to get one made, having it done in France would be good but to get a little political, with the Brexit vote, buying stuff priced in GBP with Euros is about 15% cheaper. That can only last as long as there is stock or raw materials in the UK. Then the prices will go up again.

Comment

can you tell me what
      Spax damper rear
      Spax Shock absorber front
      must put it

Comment

Hi

G632 for rear

G211 for front

Adrian

Originally posted by kolmershlagjp View Post
        can you tell me what
        Spax damper rear
        Spax Shock absorber front
        must put it

Comment

My humble opinion, Spax on the rear, because you sel so close to the axle are essential. How you set them is personal preference.
          There are many debates with Marlin Roadster handling, and a lot of science to try to understand.
          It starts with the tyres. Manufacturers use different specifications. On a light car (sic) the sidewall deflection of the tyre and its pressure has a significant effect. Rather like modern F1 cars, whose tyres are the difference between winning and losing, but every car and driver has a personal preference.
          So, Spax at the front, may provide a degree of adjustment, but it depends on the manufacturer of the tyres, pressures, spring rates, and what you expect in terms of handling. It's personal preference.

One thing to be aware of is that there are not only different rear springs available but two different torsion bars for the front.

The heavy duty torsion bars are far too stiff for a Marlin.

There are many variations, major manufacturers of modern cars spend a great deal of time on the suspension characteristics. Every setting is a compromise.

Comment

advise me that you like me damper
            I have of tires 175/70 r13 82T Pirelli

Comment

Hi

G632 bush Superflex ?
              G211 bush Superflex SF375-0718P-80-4K or SF234-0718-80-4KSS
              thank you

Comment

Originally posted by kolmershlagjp View Post
                Hi

G632 bush Superflex ?
                G211 bush Superflex SF375-0718P-80-4K or SF234-0718-80-4KSS
                thank you
                Spax shock absorbers will come with new bushes to suit. I think they supply Polyeurathane as standard so no need to buy Superflex.

Comment

Working...
                X