Very poorly hunter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very poorly hunter

Tonight at2025 some idiots in a golf turbo diesel discovered that the handling wasnt as good as they thought it was.
    Unfortunately they did this by running into the offside front of my hunter its a bit of a mess steering gone, wing damaged suspension pushed back and front generally out of alignment.
    They left lots of their car at the accident site but managed to drive off luckily a security camera was right above the accident so later tonight they will be having a bit of a surprise when the police come a knocking!
    Considering the speed at which they hit me i am surprised how well the hunter did fingers crossed its repairable

Re: Very poorly hunter

Sorry to hear that, I hope they had insurance. It's one of my fears because the value of the roadsters is low enough to make them uneconomical to repair. I hope you manage to get it sorted out.
    Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 2.0L Pinto built in 1986

Comment

What a pain - not only the damage but the hassle of follow paperwork and hopefully repairs.

Comment

Peter

Sorry to hear of your accident.

I have acquired various spare body parts for a Cabrio over the years - if you have any problems, I may be able to help?

Front Wings - SWB original without holes
        Rear Wings - Original without holes
        Nose Cone
        Headlamp bar?

I'm sure there will be other members too who have other spares should you need them.

Good luck

Mike

Comment

Cheers Mike offside front wing would be good also the suspension on that side as well needed if you pm me your phone number we can chat about the bits I need please

Comment

Info for Peterboat Ball joint is Metro from 1984 on ( larger dia taper pin)
            Quinton Hazel part no QSJ1060S
            Motaquip part no VSJ473.
            Danny.

Comment

Cheers Danny would you believe that bullseye had both of the joints in stock so I took my very damaged joint in and correct one bought £6.00 bargain. All I need now is the top suspension arm and Marly is back on the road

Comment

Peter, I had a hunt around in my garage yesterday and turned up a top wish bone arm assuming it is the early square arm and not the tubular version. It is used and will need a bit of a refurb but it should do the job. I will pm you my number.

John

Comment

Many thanks John for your help, the arm is now fitted and all is well after straightening the two U brackets on the chassis to top wishbone. Tomorrow it should all be back together so its on to sorting the cracked wing and then my mate in the bodyshop will paint it, so whilst slightly expensive its a better outcome than letting the insurance write it off.

Comment

Glad its helped you out Peter

John

Comment

Good to see you've got it fixed.
                      Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 2.0L Pinto built in 1986

Comment

Today has been checking to make sure everything is tight, straightening the front bumper, grinding out the cracks and fibreglassing it all back together. Wheel is back straightened and big ding pushed back out so its very nearly ready for a test run.
                        I have a trade policy so my excess is large, and as i repair cars for a living i decided that the best person to repair my car is me plus with insurance they are liable to just write the car off.
                        I was going to mod the suspension but after this crash i might leave it be as the standard parts provide weak links to stop real damage being done to the chassis

Comment

Hi Peter, just read your post regarding the Hunter, very sorry to hear that, hope you got it all sorted.

Graham

Comment

Yes Graham all sorted or very nearly I just need a wing side repeater to finish off or I will have to sort something else out if they arnt available. The culprit was caught but no insurance, however they have crushed his newly repaired car so a sort of justice, and he will be going to court as long as he doesnt skip the country

Comment

Originally posted by peterboat View Post
                              Yes Graham all sorted or very nearly I just need a wing side repeater to finish off or I will have to sort something else out if they arnt available. The culprit was caught but no insurance, however they have crushed his newly repaired car so a sort of justice, and he will be going to court as long as he doesnt skip the country

Hi Peter

Glad to hear you are all but back on the road............. and that the little toad that hit you and ran away is being forced to accept the consequences of his ill chosen actions.

What does your side repeater look like?

Comment

Working...
                              X