Very poorly hunter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Very poorly hunter

Its round about the size of a 50p and sits countersunk in the front wing. At the moment the hole isnt cut for it and if I cant find one the other will go as well!!

Comment

Originally posted by peterboat View Post
      Its round about the size of a 50p and sits countersunk in the front wing. At the min the wingment the hole isnt cut for it and if I cant find one the other will go as well!!
      My hunter front side repeaters are small rubbolite lamps mounted on a bracket on the wing stay. The hole allows just the lens to poke through with some sealant around. CBS do neater ones and LEDs which will be easier to fit. Peter.

Comment

Originally posted by greyV8pete View Post
        My hunter front side repeaters are small rubbolite lamps mounted on a bracket on the wing stay. The hole allows just the lens to poke through with some sealant around. CBS do neater ones and LEDs which will be easier to fit. Peter.
        Cant find anything like mine will after contact Marlin tomorrow

Comment

Have you got any before and after pictures? I've always been interested in how our cars would come off in a collision with a tin top
          Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 2.0L Pinto built in 1986

Comment

Our cars come of very well after a crash but are difficult to repair mine would have been written off as the parts arnt available. The collision also showed that parts bent/broke the same as a modern car does, which is reassuring as these stop the chassis from bending, which is a good thing in so much as it means repairs are still affordable. It does throw up the issue that some suspension mounts and parts are not really up to the job however, but millions wasnt spent on the design of our cars like ford etc can do

Comment

That was a point that the guys at Prodrive made about their rally cars, that you can strengthen certain suspension parts to make them survive hitting objects but all that happens it that the failure moves on to another part of the system i.e. the chassis that's not as easy to repair.
              Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 2.0L Pinto built in 1986

Comment

Originally posted by andyf View Post
                That was a point that the guys at Prodrive made about their rally cars, that you can strengthen certain suspension parts to make them survive hitting objects but all that happens it that the failure moves on to another part of the system i.e. the chassis that's not as easy to repair.
                Having rallied a Celica GT4 I can confirm that happens with all sorts of parts, you just move the forces onto the next load point. Sometimes it's better to just let something cheaper, easily and quickly replaceable break
                - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
                - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
                - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
                - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
                - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

The problem we have is some of those suspension parts are getting hard to find as I have found out and for an insurance company its very easy to write it off, which is why I have repaired it

Comment

The car is now back on the road I recored the rad whilst it was out to get rid of the overheating problem [2 core now instead of single core]
                    I have to say the steering is much better than before which leads me to think that the evidence of poor repair from a previous accident was affecting the car. The steering is now light and roundabouts are just a flick of the wrist rather than the previous wrestling match I am waiting dor some wing mirrors with indicators to arrive before I press Marly back to work

Comment

The car is now back on the road I recored the rad whilst it was out to get rid of the overheating problem [2 core now instead of single core]
                      I have to say the steering is much better than before which leads me to think that the evidence of poor repair from a previous accident was affecting the car. The steering is now light and roundabouts are just a flick of the wrist rather than the previous wrestling match I am waiting dor some wing mirrors with indicators to arrive before I press Marly back to work
                      Excellent news, well done! As a matter of interest what toe in measurement have you set the front to? Peter.

Comment

1mm with a measuring stick!! I will do 4 wheel alignment when I get back from holiday week after next. I have my suspicions that the rack wasnt right but as it was in 4 pieces after the crash I cant say for certain

Comment

1mm with a measuring stick!! I will do 4 wheel alignment when I get back from holiday week after next. I have my suspicions that the rack wasnt right but as it was in 4 pieces after the crash I cant say for certain
                          Is that 1mm per side or 1mm total that you have?

I have always used 1mm per side which works for me. I have the de-luxe measuring device using four bent nails, two rubber bands and four lengths of fine string, two packing blocks (to compensate for track difference front-to-rear) and a 6” rule . Peter.

Comment

1mm in total I will set it up as I say week after next as per the info on here

Comment

1mm in total I will set it up as I say week after next as per the info on here
                              Ah yes. Brain fade here. Just checked my notes and I set to 0.5mm per side so same total as yours. Meantime enjoy the holiday. Peter.

Comment

I decided to put Marly off the road until april, so today went to start it, looks like the starter motor has failed! so tomorrow its bump start it and pop it on the ramp to sort it, service it and fit the new wing mirrors with indicators life is a joy at times

Comment

Working...
                                X