Cold air duct system for V8 3.9i in Hunter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cold air duct system for V8 3.9i in Hunter

Well it seemed like a good idea at the time, but I did doubt my sanity half way through the project as the V8 engine already seemed to occupy all the available space under the bonnet.

So two weeks later after a lot of head scratching and adjustments of existing fuel lines, servo hose, relocating the coolant expansion reservoir and even turning hose clips around to gain a couple of millimetres here and there I have finally squeezed the new cold air duct system in.

Compared with the old system it actually looks as though it was originally part of the design so I feel that the struggle was worthwhile. Need to have a good run now and use the Ecumate to recheck all the ECU settings. Peter.

NEAR SIDE COMPLETED
    NS AIR DUCT COMPLETE rsz.jpg

OFF SIDE COMPLETED
    OS AIR DUCT COMPLETE rsz.jpg

Re: Cold air duct system for V8 3.9i in Hunter

Had a good half hour run today. The improvement is so good I could have stayed out all day! It seems more docile and less jerky when pootling around locally and the air intake up front in the nose cone means that the previous rushing air sound has disappeared. At low rpm the throttle response is now immediate and with an enthusiastic application of the right foot it just takes off. Makes me realise what I have been missing ever since I bought it 13 years ago! As less right foot needed for normal use it will be interesting to see what effect it has on fuel consumption over the next few weeks. All in all one very happy bunny here . Peter.

Comment

Working...
    X