Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheel offset again

Quite interested in these on ebay

as my existing new tyres would fit although they will need redone.

18mm negative offset. Is this too much, will my tyres (185/70 x 13) stick out beyond the wing?

I don't know the offset of my current wheels but PO has fitted 5mm spacers to clear the uprights.

My wheels are flat and I prefer the look of dished wheels.

I realise this has been covered I few times but any help much appreciated. Tight-wad Scot not wanting to part with cash unnecessary.

Thanks again

Derek
    Attached Files
    Stumbling around in the dark
    Marina based SWB roadster
    Alfa Romeo 1750 with 5 speed box

Re: Wheel offset again

THere are a few calculators on the web to work out these sorts of differences between wheel and tyre compbos eg... http://www.willtheyfit.com/
    also http://www.wheelfitment.eu/ is a site I have used in the past.
    They should tell you all you need to know
    Last edited by cameronfurnival; 02-12-16, 09:43 AM.

Comment

If it helps a Dunlop 5½ J triumph rim is 5mm negative with 175/70 tyres and they have room at the rear to go out a bit further your ebay wheels are 18mm and at the front on my car would be tight on the outside edge but my car uses Triumph front suspension (hybrid.) So not sure if the Marina based car has more or less room.
      Last edited by b_caswell; 02-12-16, 11:34 AM.
      Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Hi Derek
        I have these exact wheels on my Marina based Roadster and they fit perfectly with no spacers. The 18mm negative offset was specified by Marlin when they ordered the batch from Compomotive after the Cosmic Ribster supplies ran out.
        The back space measurement is 100mm (distance from hub mounting face to outer edge of rear of wheel) if that helps. You can easily do the calculation. First find the centre line dimension (remember the wheel is 1" wider than the given width as this is the dimension between tire bead seating) then add the 18mm (because negative and you want back space). Therefore 5.5"+1"=6.5", then convert to mm, 6.5x25.4=165.1mm. Find the centre line 165.1mm/2=82.55mm then add the 18mm=100.55mm back space.
        Jon
        Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 1800 Fiat Twin Cam engine and 5 speed Abarth gearbox built in 1987
        - I have no idea what I am talking about........ but my advice is always free! -

Comment

The standard Marina offset is 1/2" (13mm)
          MOC member since 05/97
          1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
          1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
          Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
          The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Thanks again, good to know that they will fit. Decisions decisions. Just had my wheels done in the summer as I had given up find something else and wanted to MOT.

Jon, do you happen to have a larger 3/4 or side on view that you could let me see. Thanks

Comment

Mine is the red roadster is this post
              Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 1800 Fiat Twin Cam engine and 5 speed Abarth gearbox built in 1987
              - I have no idea what I am talking about........ but my advice is always free! -

Comment

Perfect, thanks Jon

Comment

Working...
                X