Re: Wooden Dashboard Installations

that looks blooming brilliant.

adrian

Comment

Respect! Very Smart.

Comment

Looks fabulous - the grain in the ash is really nice - you must be delighted.

Out of interest where did your cavity box come from?
        Last edited by Mike; 23-04-17, 10:12 PM.

Comment

The cavity box came with the car - and my Dad said he didn't do the original dash - it was done by YKC - the inner bowl was superb with what looks like a gel coat; I could never have done such a good job so kept it. I just need to paint the visible epoxy putty around the inside edges black to match & it'll all look great. It was all done on a shoestring budget; all materials, sealant, lacquer, ply, veneer & a new rocker fog light switch & new wiper stem switch - maybe £95 all in. However it took a long time - easily 50 hrs all in. The dye coats took 8hrs to dry, the sealant & lacquer maybe 20-30 mins each..

Just got to fix / re-adjust the handbrake... again. I did do it - but this afternoon I pulled it too much & the cable has come through its locking position; have to think of a better way of locking it as this lead plug in the cavity with the bolt screwed down on it didn't do the trick this time.. there must be a better way?

Comment

Working...
          X